Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Assassino
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well skyline looks like it's sold will be gone by end of the week had it about 9 months only got to sit in it not drive it spent a fortune fixing but ran out of funds at the last hurdle bloody cams and sensor sold for a stupid low price as well to shut her up cant even afford a n/a skyline the price i sold my turbo one for so looks like my skyline era has come to an end......

at least i have had one on my drive for a bit though eh so close to my dream car gutted is all i am will still post on forum though as think its best 1 out there by far

a big thank you to members that have helped me out and gave advice cheers fella's

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
thats a pretty sad story mr z .... im gutted for u as well mate...hope the domestic bliss works out for you, and she dosnt take this as a green light to take over your life.

·
Pist'n'broke
1,014 Posts
Dont sell it!!! Keep it a while dont spend money on it and do everything in your means to get the money together to get the last bits done.

Same thing happened with my last car and the girlfriend sold it to pay for a holiday and then we split. So wish i never got rid off it. Mind i now own the car i do now but dont give up at the last hurdle mate.

Why dont you post up in wanted section what you need but say your strapped for cash to spend on the car and see what comes out from it?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Deekster is making sense here mate, never give up on your dreams no matter who or what stands in your way.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Sorry to hear that -you dont have to leave the forum though! And Im sure you will be back with a skyline one day -bigger and better. x

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Big shame mate, maybe another day and another car ;)

So close so far ay

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Don't sell it mate - she'll see it as a sign of weakness! What has she given up?

Skylines cost less to run and need a bit less warming up before a thrashing ;)

·
Assassino
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dont sell it!!! Keep it a while dont spend money on it and do everything in your means to get the money together to get the last bits done.

Same thing happened with my last car and the girlfriend sold it to pay for a holiday and then we split. So wish i never got rid off it. Mind i now own the car i do now but dont give up at the last hurdle mate.

Why dont you post up in wanted section what you need but say your strapped for cash to spend on the car and see what comes out from it?
i have the parts already mate just need the cams changing but been quoated about £350-£400 to do this job so cant get it done

thanx for comments lads but car is going im afraid as it's all agreed to go this week

just been offered a 330 bhp mr2 turbo for £2000 so going to look at that tomorrow night

but my heart is all skyline so if you know anyone with a tacky gts-t for £1700-£2000 or a good n/a let me know cheers fella's

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
i have the parts already mate just need the cams changing but been quoated about £350-£400 to do this job so cant get it done

how much mate??? is that just to fit the cams???? if so ill come down and fit them for you and i wont be anywhere near that amount :)

·
Assassino
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
they say they will need shimming etc thanx for the offer mate but your going a long way are you not im away in wolverhampton

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
they say they will need shimming etc thanx for the offer mate but your going a long way are you not im away in wolverhampton
elaborate on the shimming mate?? and your only at the m6 toll buddy its not the other end of the world as i do head into coventry to visit my brother a few times a year :)

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
surely this is a great opportunity to get some forum help and learn some skills that can save you even more cash in future rather than sell up when you are so close ? go for it!

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
The 26's have shims yes but the rb25's have hydraulic tappets, there are no shims that i know of.

It's just a case of fitting the cams, timing it up and away you go, 2hr job

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
The 26's have shims yes but the rb25's have hydraulic tappets, there are no shims that i know of.

It's just a case of fitting the cams, timing it up and away you go, 2hr job
unless he has modifyed the head to accept gtr tappets for higher rpms???

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
unless he has modifyed the head to accept gtr tappets for higher rpms???
Well we will see what he says but i doubt it if he has just bought a 2nd hand engine to get him going again.

This will be a crying shame, if he has sold it based on that advice, instead of asking on here 1st:(

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
Well we will see what he says but i doubt it if he has just bought a 2nd hand engine to get him going again.

This will be a crying shame, if he has sold it based on that advice, instead of asking on here 1st:(
it will be mate as i wouldnt hesitate going down and sorting it out for him :( fingers crossed

1 - 20 of 22 Posts