Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So have had the car 2 months NOW R33 RB25DET, not really driven it as the person I bought it off told me to get it mapped first as they had the engine rebuilt and bored out, new pistons, gapped to street, RB26 rods, Acl small and large race bearings. Been waiting to get in with the tuner because of covid, been a long wait. They fitted Link g4x ecu and have mapped it, 280whp

Spoke to the tuner today and they said they struggled to map it because it kept blowing coilpacks under load, so they fitted an R35 GTR coilpack and it didn't blow it, so they were able to map the car. Now they also said it was misfiring on every 8th run or so, nothing major, just a small blip and then it would be fine.

Anyone experienced anything like this before?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know what plugs or gap I'm afraid. Nor what boost, they said they could safely map a stock turbo at 1.1, so I presume that's how much boost.

If it doesn't blow the R35 GTR coilpacks but blows standard coilpacks? They didn't say what number was blowing either.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Did they check the ignition amplifier at all to see why it was blowing coil packs? I've had 1 let go on me over the years so possibly an age thing causing it

I'd pull your plugs and gap them to 0.8 and 1.1bar seems a bit high on a standard turbo. Headgaskets are good for 1.2bar but I blew a standard turbo at 0.9bar so 0.85bar is the general accepted safe level for standard turbos

·
Registered
65 Posts
It doesn't sound like your tuner is familiar with these cars? id take it to someone more helpful for starters. 1.1bar is too high for the standard turbo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts