Skyline Owners Forum banner

Blown Exhaust Turbo Seal??

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  jensen2000 
#1 ·
After my 10 month wait whilst my bottom end was being rebuilt after my GT-R33 died 4 weeks after buying it, I'm now 3 weeks into re-acquainting myself and having covered 1800 miles in that time it has only gone and started smoking like a bloomin' trooper today.

Symptoms:
1:I went for a booooooshting session last night and towards the end of a full boost run through 2nd I noticed a turbo whine occur around 5k rpm upwards over the whistle of the turbos but didn't really think too much.
2:I remote started the car this morning and ran it on tickover for maybe 5-10 minutes (it was cold -2) before setting off. It continued to smoke even after oil temp up to about 80deg C, especially on idle and approaching 4k rpm and any large throttle opening.
3:all plugs are quite sooty but then I had covered 15 miles very gently so as not to antagonise any issues. No oil on any plug.
4:it is smoke not water vapour and it is mostly white/grey-ish.
5:no performance issues or hesitation, no misfires and drives exactly the same.
6:no oil in intercooler pipes at all.

Next steps will be leak down/ compression to hopefully rule out issues with my new liners/pistons (please!). Previously when my bores were horrendously scored and the bottom end had spun bearings the smoke went away after warming up, this does not. It is also not blue smoke as it was previously.

Any thoughts welcome.
Cheers
Jen

See less See more
#6 ·
Thats a bummer If its only just started smoking today :( if you have no joy in finding out the problem i am sure the boys at rising sun will be able to advise you if you give them a call :) they have looked after our car well!

Good luck in sorting it out :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.