Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was testing a few bit I had done to the car today which made a difference and all was fine until I decided to to a few quick runs up the ind est at work. Hit 3rd gear and it went in and then made a fair amount of noise and now I have no 3rd gear !!! :( I`m guessing I`v shreded the teath of 3rd. Looks like I`ll be putting my old gearbox back in and stripping the new one down for inspection!!!

I`ll keep you posted. On a bright side, it must be making a fair amount of torque !!! :cool:

Richard

·
G-SPORT DRAG GTS
231 Posts
I suppose it's better now than later !?! but still it's a pain the the but when u just get ur car back on the road only to take it back of again. Perhaps time for a uprated gear kit?

G.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Old box in New box in Bits

The box I wrecked was a standard Item that looked like it had been re-built not too long ago. I`m not running on my old box with a 4th syncro on it was out. I decided to take the box apart to see what I had done (as if I didn`t know). Here are a few pics

Attachments

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
done well today i would say. Im sure it wont be long b4 things are changed again.

She goes well mate :)

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Box

As we said today, try that site under.. Sarcy knows the name of it...

And she goes very well, next time I'll adjust the seat rather than hang onto the steering wheel...:D :D

Sarcy,,, I still feel bad for chucking you off the MPV... Although I was only doing 20mph... hows the hand....:angel:

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Your turn next time MPV runs for charity mate.

All in the need of a bit of fun, it all was so quiet until someone said lets put the cars away.

Nice car Richard, look forward to seeing more of it.

E

·
0 Posts
If a jobs worth doing its worth doing properly & that has been properly ****ed :D Nice 1.

·
Registered
25 Posts
unlucky on the gearbox, how did you get

into 3rd in that industrial estate :D

Enjoying putting the new one in

cheers

Iain

·
D1 and Only
1,347 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts