Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a bailey twin piston on the hot side of the intercooler right after the turbo today as i had one lying around and also kept the standard recirc, hell what a differance, anyone else tried simular, I tried disconecting the original recirc but it was stalling the turbo and chattering alot, but they seem to work well together and it really picks up quickly now,
idles ok , slightly higher than before 50-60 rpm, I can remember from my cossie days they used to run one hot and one on the cold side,
anyhoo any thoughts
cheers
Matt

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
what is the difference this makes then?

tbh i have only heard about not ditching the standard bov to avoid stalling when putting on an aftermarket bov that dumps into atmosphere

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well it seems to dump all the charge at the same time but its not affecting the pick up, it a surprise to me aswell, its still pushing charge out through the recirc but its also triggering the bov at full boost,

we were getting a problem with overboost at night when its cold but this seems to hold the right amount of boost now too, maybe we had a leak and changing the pipework to fit the bov has cured an inital problem,

but its working and running well, the afr shows good fueling too so its not adversly affecting that?
someone must have a theory? lol

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeh I thought that TBH , I must have sorted a leak on one of the pipes,
Sounds strange though going through both :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts