Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a friendly heads up.

A couple weeks ago my other half went to his first meet in a couple yrs. it was a widely advertised meet with a lot of interest so he thought he would make the effort. It wasn't long before the area was swarmed with police tearing people's cars apart, some leaving with tickets. A friend of ours had to get his Newley tinted windows untinted. Some people were so pissed off having travelled distances for this meet which attracted in excess of 500 cars, then chased away within an hour of arriving.

·
4,543 Posts
Moral of the story, make sure your car is road worthy and you have nothing to worry about, we all know tints are illegal on the front windows so tinting them in a car that stands out is just asking for trouble in my book.

We all love modding our cars but if your going to drive on the road you need to make sure you put the effort in to making sure your pride and joy is legal too, if you drive around in a car that sticks out its only a matter of time before some PC plod having a bad day pulls you over and its usually a little stupid thing that gets you caught out, and we all know that police are usually round the corner or even in attendance at most big meets its nothing new.

Stay legal people and drive safely :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
743 Posts
Saying that, I got pulled once and told to change my rear number plate. I asked why but the officer couldn't give me an answer. He just said it "didn't look right". plate size, letter/number size and spacing was all correct etc and went through several mot's.

If they want to find something they will regardless of how careful you are.

·
Registered
354 Posts
It's all well and good saying your car should be road legal buteven if it is some coppers like to make up problems with your car or your driving. I have had it happen and proven the police wrong and I have seen it happen so so many times!

·
Points don't mean prizes!
2,029 Posts
I remember being pulled over by a female filth and being told in the usual polite fashion to turn off my fog lights. Shame they were my side lights :spank:

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
i don't have much respect for the police ,used to but its hard to find a decent copper nowadays,they seem to go for easy pickings rather than dealing with real scum such as paedophiles , rapists, burglars and little shits with knives and guns etc,instead they like to go mob handed to get a few people going 5 mph over the speed limit or like with me once there were around 10-15 coppers pulling people for no seat belts....such a menace to society weren't i... i should get locked up for ten yrs for not wearing my seatbelt....arseholes if im honest

·
4,543 Posts
Saying that, I got pulled once and told to change my rear number plate. I asked why but the officer couldn't give me an answer. He just said it "didn't look right". plate size, letter/number size and spacing was all correct etc and went through several mot's.

If they want to find something they will regardless of how careful you are.
Rubbish that's just PC plod being a dick, they can't make you change anything that's legal no matter how much they stop you and tell you too. I had some white light bulbs in my car that had a blue tint to them and got pulled and told to change them, so I did as the ones I had wee not E approved so I changed them to some that were 'E' marked but gave off same blue tint light, I got stopped again and told to change them to which I replied "they are E marked" he said "I don't care change them or I will ticket you". Next day in same place I got pulled again and he said " I told you to change them bulbs" I said "I wasn't changing them as they were E type approved and were road legal, if he wants to try taking me to court then go ahead" he then went off in a huff and I was never stopped again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
354 Posts
I got broken into once, came home while they were doing it caught 2 if them and gave them a good hiding. Thepolice arrested the 2 I caught and they soon ratted on their mates but they made excuses up about not being able to arrest them until the holidays because they were at school. They endedup handing themseself's in 3 weeks later after I caught them and gave them a hiding, but it took the police less than an hour to come and arrest me for assaulting them!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts