Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I need some help with removing the rear light cluster from the car please. I've searched and not found much info. So far Ive:-
Removed the boot trim.
Removed the 3 nuts.
Ive started to push the cluster from inside the boot outwards. Its come away ok at the top and outside edge but its very reluctant to budge on the inside and bottom edge.
I dont want to get ham fisted and crack anything, does the cluster have a lip that sits behind the bumper, do I need to take the rear bumper off ?
Kevin

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess that Im going to have to take the rear bumper off then. So much for the skyline community spirit :(

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
i would love to help but ive not taken an r32 apart,im surprised no one else has posted,this should be easy

·
684 Posts
No need to take the bumper off, there are (4) nuts to take off.
Easier to get the light out if you heat up the butyl seal with a hairdryer then it's just a case of wiggling it free. Takes time to come out though they're well stuck.

Charlie.

·
Registered
177 Posts
yep as above, 4 nuts to come off, one is a little difficult to get to iirc.
and the seal is a twat.
mine was leaking, removed most of the seal and stuck it back in with roof and gutter sealant, similar stuff that doesnt go off.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I managed after I took my stupid head off, there is indeed 4 nuts and not 3. There was a platic clip over the 4th that secure's the wiring :doh:
Luckly the units came out pretty easy, and I used panel wipe to clean the gooey mess up.
cheers guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.