Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK i have approached JDL Tuning, body kit trader on here, with a view to perhaps making a kit/s for the 350GT, and received a very positive response:)

They would be happy to produce a kit, but they would require a pre order of five to make it worth the trouble and reduce prices,
Now in my books for a company to say yes to producing a new kit for a minimum order of five is dam good as i know just what goes into the process.

Also being based in Poland there is no duty or tax to pay, and shipping is by road, i bought and fitted one of the first kits
for the MK IV Supra that they did, and it arrived in 5 days and it was of very good value, quality and price.
so i have no qualms about what to expect.

They have basically said if we find an existing kit we all like, they can copy and tweak it to whatever we want, and their design department will confirm the finished design before going ahead.

So if any of you guys are interested? then post up pics of your favourite kit that you would be interested in, and once we reach a unanimous decision we can proceed from there, don't forget the final design can be tweaked a little, obviously i will enquire on a ball park price, but i would presume they will need to know the design first.

Hope the mods don't have an issue with this?

·
Super Moderator
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well not the response i expected, i thought there would be some interest?
but i guess its rather slow here:sleepy:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
personally I dont need a kit at this time as imported the bits i wanted from the states. Ido however want a particular bonnet. it is a 6 vent bonnet. will find a pic. can get the carbon version here ok but actually want a duraflex version. easy to get in states but costs a fortune to ship.

·
Seasoned Member
1,789 Posts
Well not the response i expected, i thought there would be some interest?
but i guess its rather slow here:sleepy:
I think you have missed the boat.
Most here already have kits fitted and the ones that dont probably prefer the stock look. Very few new cars are coming over at the moment which reflects why our new members are drying up a bit recently.
Im sure if and when the imports start coming through again you will have no problem getting new owners interested.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
have to agree with Tom , import market is dead , whats arriving cheap is rubbish , cant see how the cars are being sold for the money , its all just the yen rates causing this , with new IVA rules there is a whole wealth of cars ripe to come over we havent even heard of ... ABMC did a reckky there few years ago to the major auctions he said it was mouth watering but at time you needed a model report ... open house now though .... just the prices are silly ,

import prices for already UK based imports are rocketing , stageas are back up in the £5k's WTF

And sweden and netherlands are buying up our imports in high volume and selling over there for stupid money !!!

but this is great news we have someone other than the US route who can make kits , or prepared too !!!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
bloody hell thats cheAP. I have seen a slight rise in prices recently but this goes against that. if there is nothing wrong with it, someone is going to get a bargain!

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
mega high miles that has 50k more than ours

of course if that is miles and not another pathetic attempt at a speedo conversion

if its miles well you expect them that cheap ... 7 yr old car

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
do however want a particular bonnet. it is a 6 vent bonnet. will find a pic. can get the carbon version here ok but actually want a duraflex version. easy to get in states but costs a fortune to ship.
Like this one Happy?

apr-infiniti-g35-3w.jpg

I would be very interested in this bonnet also, but as for bodykits, im a bit too old for them these days:rolleyes:

Having said that the standard (i.e. non wide body) top secret body kit is very nice

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
yes, that one. You can get it from Seibon here for about £600. I found a place in usa selling the duraflex version for $395 which is a great price but they wanted $800 to ship. I have heard that the shipping depends on the size of the package and not whats in it. so if it is possible to get a few bits in the same package for a few people, then we could all share the shipping and make it affordable.?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts