Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many of you have a nice bodykit on like do luck/jun/400r ect and use your car everyday?
i like the idea of getting a kit but my car is a daily commuter and i don't want to make using the car a pain in the arse and scrape my kit on everything.
i use 17" wheels and have lowered the car 25mm so its won't scrape at all now but i with i will kill a bodykit.
whats your thoughts and can i see some nice body alterations that are still practical.:)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Jun kit, use the car everyday, speed bumps not too much of a problem as long as you take 'em slow, kerbs in parking spaces can be trouble if you 'tap' them (I always reverse in!), they are a b*st*rd if you have to pull on to the verge to let something past, can only drive up kerbs where there is a drop to go up and down, and multi-storey car-parks are a no, no, as when you come down the ramps they level out so quickly that you bottom out each time, likewise if you are pulling out of somewhere with a huge camber on the road you pull on to (can do it if you take it at a bit of an angle).

Overall, you just have to be a bit more aware of the stuff above, but really doesn't stop me from doing what I want to do.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
On both the cars, we've got full Jun's without major dramas. I swapped my Jun front for a Replikit D1 and it's even more practical, in the 3 months I've had it on the car I've only scraped it twice, and that's been on the most ridiculous of roads.

Pics :D

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
see i love the look of the kits but i was thinking of just re-doing my standard bumper and kit like hkp standard kit with his home made bumper and sideskirts

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
I depends what you want from the kit Dave.

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
want it to looks aggressive but a bit smooth as well.i just want a better stance

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i was thinking i might just mod my standard bumper and get a small spliter made for it

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
It is posible to get a gtr abs splitter to fit as i have done with mine. It takes a bit of a beating but never gets damaged as it has a fair amount of give in it unlike the fibreglass ones.

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats mate.i want it to be a little more aggressive and i would maybe smooth it in.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I know what you mean . I was going to have it all faired in and sprayed but i thought i should leave it as it is just to see if it would stay in one piece.

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
see i love the look of the kits but i was thinking of just re-doing my standard bumper and kit like hkp standard kit with his home made bumper and sideskirts
i don't know how much lower my car is from standard (i didn't think it was that low) but i scrape the the skirts, front bumper and under side all the time, so i would have no hope of fitting a body kit, as it is the front and skirt have only 70mm clearence:shakehead:

Attachments

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
see i really like the look of that richard but i don't know if it would look right in wine red instead of black.
whats other peoples views

·
Registered
327 Posts
i had a top secret front bumper, sodding nightmare.!! hit everything, all over..! now running a 400R one, far far better from a pratical point of view, dont look quite as sexy, but the old one was becoming annoying.!!

Stu

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
see i really like the 400r bumper and the jun bumper but i am worried i will have to fix it all the time.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Had mine about a year ago and looks great but for every dayuse it can be a case of planning ahead to avoid speed humps (even badly uneven roads).
Mine has a tubular frame fitted but even so the front splitter has cracked in places. Tried lifting it higher but it obviosly can interfere with headlight beam so giving serious consideration to removing spillter altogether although I think it would then look a bit pants.
:feedback:

·
London stand up tall
2,440 Posts
ive got a top secret bumper,18 inch wheels, fully adjustable suspension and i virtually never scrap the deck, probably twice in 7 months mind you the suspension is rock f**king hard

1 - 20 of 31 Posts