Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is almost winter and its time to protect your car before the roads get wet and salty.

I will remove your exhaust and heat sheilds to allow as much coverage as possible and then mask any parts that would not take kindly to be undersealed. The the underside is cleaned and any serface rust delt with before coating the underside in Black underseal. Once this is done all chassis legs and cavitys are sprayed with waxoyl to give even more protection. Also any parts that I can`t get to with the under seal would be waxoyled. (ie the transmission tunnel above the gearbox).

Cost is £185 and I would be looking at doing 3 at a time as its a very messy job and it takes ages to get the wayoyl out my hair :D

Richard

E

·
0 Posts
I thought awxoyl was sprayed on. No need to brush it on Rich. Especially not with your head :rolleyes:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Undersealing

Hi Rich I would surely be interested,how long would you need the car for,and when would you be thinking of doing it? (living in Yorkshire, a weekend would be ideal for me)

Thanks
Neil.:cheers: :cheers: :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Richard,

I'd be very interested in getting this dont to the underside of my beast, to gether with the other bits & pieces I've mailed you about.

Regards,

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Not sure if mine's been done already or not (didn't have it last winter). as I haven't had a chance to get under the car and have a look yet.
Definitely interested if it hasn't been done yet.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK Guys, Well I would be looking at doing them ALL on weekends, I expect sundays 3 at a time.

I`ll have a look at see what date I can do first and then see who can make it on that date and go on from there !!!

·
Banned
5,275 Posts
Richard, forgive my ignorance, but where abouts are you and is there somewhere I would be able to hang around while the work would be being done?

ok, no smartarses with the "from the roof" gag!

Pete

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Can I please have a go as am thinking that I'll be keeping the car for a little while longer than expected.. So me thinks I'll need this doing to me Hair Dryer...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts