Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys reckon of fitting a sti subaru boonet scoop on a gtst bonnet or rs turbo vents and then respraying the bonnet hot or not??:devil:

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Pointless in my opinion, unless you install some sort of top mount intercooler :p

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wouldnt these serve as some cooling to underbonnet hot temps?

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
I'm going to look out that infamous yellow GTST with the Scooby scoop. That should show why it's a bad idea. (And why this particular car has been for sale for 8 hundred years).

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well if you can get the standard bonnet to look better for £180 than splashing out £650 for a carbon one i think its well worth it:)
idea is when driving cold air goes into vents and helps cool hot engine make sense?

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
I can't find the one I was talking about, but it's hideous. The Skyline just doesn't play nice with those scoops. Plus you're adding drag to the car as well. Something more subtle would look better. Maybe some smaller ones on each side.

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
beauty is in the eye of the beholder you batter in son lol

·
Registered
514 Posts
scoop

ive got a bonnet scoop from a 1969 mustang... previous good times:boogy: tried it on skyline... well put it on bonnet loose layed it on top... looked GOOD. :eek::eek: not got the bottle to fix it on .....:boogy: but it makes the car look..:yum:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
peter do it.i think some creativeness is needed here:)

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Thats the thing about skylines - everyone does diff things to them and makes them unique. if you like it then go for it.

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
what do you guys reckon of fitting a sti subaru boonet scoop on a gtst bonnet or rs turbo vents and then respraying the bonnet hot or not??:devil:

Listen children, winners don't do drugs :bigthumb:

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts

·
Carbon Addict
1,430 Posts
If it's a vent to let air in, I'd go for a NACA duct behind the nearside headlight feeding the intake.
If you wanted to go further with the cooling you can get twin exit NACA ducts, feed one to the intake and the other to the back of the engine.

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Raise the rear of the std bonnet to draw the hot air out, unless you have an intercooler beneath the scoop all it will do is pressurise the engine bay.

·
Carbon Addict
1,430 Posts
Raise the rear of the std bonnet to draw the hot air out, unless you have an intercooler beneath the scoop all it will do is pressurise the engine bay.
Raising the bonnet at the rear doesn't help much.
There was a thread somewhere with tests and it makes little or no difference to engine bay temps at all.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts