Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at upping my boost on my r33 gtst, i have turbo elbow, dect and cat back, performance panel filter, and am fitting my fmic this weekend, now i want to wind the boost up a bit. could someone confirm the safe level of boost with standard turbo, so i could get the unichip and get it mapped but this is quite expensive or a boost controller, they varie in price though anyone recommend a good cheapish one??:confused:

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
0.85 bar for a standard turbo. you will need some sort of fuel managment or it will over fuel and you will get flatspots. im afriad you get what you pay for with boost controllers, you may get lucky and find a good second hand one though.

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
i think the dastek unichip is a good bit of kit,ive seen one on another car and i must say its very cool,has more than one map so you can tailor it to specific uses,or different ron rated maps,i dont think its as much use on its own,i would still want a decent standalone boost controller

edit ,boost controller controls boost,ecu does fuelling

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
no you need either a safc, piggy back ecu or a new stand alone ecu. safc is the cheapest option.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
i know it is :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
A unichip with boost module and mapping the last time I got one fitted was about £500ish.

Surely this is cheaper than a EBC, AFC and mapping?

I'm thinking of possibly going down the unichip route as it will meet my needs at the moment and also for the future I think.

Thinking of getting FPR, Fuel pump and Unichip as I already have these mods....

Blitz FMIC with hardpipe and silicon hoses
Blitz SUS air filter with adaptor kit
Full reconditioned coil pack
Spec 2 engine
Iridium plugs newly changed
Trust exhaust system - all the way to the turbo elbow
Hi-flow racing cat

Does anyone here actually have a unichip on their car?

·
Scotland Area Rep Aberdeenshire
3,249 Posts
A unichip with boost module and mapping the last time I got one fitted was about £500ish.

Surely this is cheaper than a EBC, AFC and mapping?

I'm thinking of possibly going down the unichip route as it will meet my needs at the moment and also for the future I think.

Thinking of getting FPR, Fuel pump and Unichip as I already have these mods....

Blitz FMIC with hardpipe and silicon hoses
Blitz SUS air filter with adaptor kit
Full reconditioned coil pack
Spec 2 engine
Iridium plugs newly changed
Trust exhaust system - all the way to the turbo elbow
Hi-flow racing cat

Does anyone here actually have a unichip on their car?
i have a unchip if you want to buy £125 and it should still be mapped for what you want

·
Registered
218 Posts
We will have a F-con ecu and loom going soon as we are up grading to F-con pro v,
we have the PRofec B spec II boost controller and its a good basic two stage boost controller, simple to set up and it monitors boost quite well

·
Registered
234 Posts
We will have a F-con ecu and loom going soon as we are up grading to F-con pro v,
we have the PRofec B spec II boost controller and its a good basic two stage boost controller, simple to set up and it monitors boost quite well

F-Con ECU? No familiar with that. HKS right? Is it mappable etc?

·
Registered
218 Posts
yep HKS piggy back ecu, it is mappable but only by two or three places, TDI north, Abbey motorsport and TDI south I think, its a good piece of kit and more than equivilent of the unichip, The F-con pro V is 3 D mappable and has a quick processor in it, the only reason We are upgrading is for more power :) and it will be a better option for fueling and ignition at higher boost/Rpm levels, The F-con s is fine for basic mods, exhaust, filter, decat, even bigger injectors and boost controller etc, were looking at internal engine changes and larger injector and Turbo etc so its better to get the higher F-con now
Cheers
Buffy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts