Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hoping someone can help me out with some ideas on a boost issue that im having or possibly confirm what im leaning torwards as my issue.

just finished a full bolt on of my r33 rb25det,currently running a cx top mount kit (gt35 turbo,38mm waste gate with 8psi spring) and a haltech boost controller.the issue that im having is the car will boost really quickly to roughly 8psi or so then ill hear the wastegate dump out the screamer pipe to 0psi and build pressure again( from what i can tell it seems to repeat this for the most part) the odd part that im aside from that is if i command i believe 35% duty on the boost controller it seemed to hold 6psi pretty steady but if i raised the duty up it would start the building boost and very clearly dumping issue. it also doesnt seem to be very consistant from what i occasionally see because i was able to build 12psi in 2nd a couple times without issue and sometimes it will build and dump once and build say 8psi.

im thinking the wastegate spring is my issue just figured id reach out and see if anyone had any incite
i can give the full set up if it helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
hoping someone can help me out with some ideas on a boost issue that im having or possibly confirm what im leaning torwards as my issue.

just finished a full bolt on of my r33 rb25det,currently running a cx top mount kit (gt35 turbo,38mm waste gate with 8psi spring) and a haltech boost controller.the issue that im having is the car will boost really quickly to roughly 8psi or so then ill hear the wastegate dump out the screamer pipe to 0psi and build pressure again( from what i can tell it seems to repeat this for the most part) the odd part that im aside from that is if i command i believe 35% duty on the boost controller it seemed to hold 6psi pretty steady but if i raised the duty up it would start the building boost and very clearly dumping issue. it also doesnt seem to be very consistant from what i occasionally see because i was able to build 12psi in 2nd a couple times without issue and sometimes it will build and dump once and build say 8psi.

im thinking the wastegate spring is my issue just figured id reach out and see if anyone had any incite
i can give the full set up if it helps
Hi pal,

I would have a look at all the plumbing, vacuum lines to your controller and then the pressure lines to your wastegate, see if there are any splits or leaks. I had an uncontrollable boost issue after using a aftermarket controller, turned out to be split rubber lines to the waste gates, ended up replacing with custom hardlines for the fix.

Best of luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts