Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got me some nice shiny new gauges, as a prep before further mods. I've got some questions for anyone who has fitted these to an R33 GTR before...

Oil Pressure
- where is the best place to plumb in the feed for oil pressure? i've been told that one option is to get a spacer/adapter plate the goes underneath the oil filter, but i'm wondering if there is anywhere easier or more appropriate?

Boost
- which pipe should i splice into for the boost gauge sensor?

EGT
- I'm presuming that the EGT sensor is plumped into the frontpipe, shortly after the two downpipes merge into one. Is this correct? If so, which is the appropriate hole in the floorpan to send the wire through? where does it come out in the interior?

Thanks for your help on this!

Jon

·
Registered
220 Posts
Oil pressure: Get an oil filter sandwich plate and plumb the sensor into that. Or use a "T" piece and tap into the existing oil presure sensor; located under the oil filter.

Boost: Use a "T" piece and tap into the MAP sensor pipe that lives between the drivers side suspension tower and bulkhead.

EGT: You want to get this on the turbine exhaust entry, nearest to the flange as possible. If your going for uprated turbo's, most have the hole already tapped for the sensor. EG Trust / HKS I know for a fact do:)

·
Registered
220 Posts
The sensor should be mounted the turbo side on the entry. I've taken a picture of mine with the EGT sensor screwed in.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts