Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on my car that the hoses to the boost solinoid had been cut and blocked and there was another hose going to the actuator bipassing the solinoid.
Now im guessing that it has had a boost controller on at some point which has been removed. The thing is i have no idea which hose goes where to connect it cack up as im only getting 0.5 bar at all times.
I've looked in the manual but dont see any kind of diagram that clearly shows it. Anyone got any pics etc?

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
you running standard recirc fella ?

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes mate

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
give me ten mins I'll get you a pic sorted !!!

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers mate, you're a legend :bigthumb:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Hopefully these might help ??? Mine was a bit of a mess when I got it, it had a bov and the recirc all plumbed in ???? Wouldn't idle at all just kept stalling all the time when warm.

Basically instead of the recirc I now have a Bov but plumbing is still the same non the less.

Any good to you ?

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Kind of mate. Im looking at the bottom picture which shows the hose from the bottom of the solinoid going a t piece? which splits to the actuator and inlet pipe near dv? If that is correct where does the hose from the top go? Is it the one in the picture above that goes to the TB?

Your a great help mate :bigthumb:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I have only had my car 5 months so it's all new to me too.

Go to the Manuals section and download the Skyline manual, you will need Adobe pdf to read it.

Page EN-148 may help you as well

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the manual but couldnt find anything but i'll have a look at that page

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Top pipe goes to the tube that runs from the recirc valve to the engine (Black metal pipe that is blanked off in my pics).

Bottom goes to the t-piece

which in turn goes to the intake manifold before the throttle and to the turbo swing valve actuator.

Well that is how mine is at the moment. If anyone can see anything wrong there please fell free to point it out.

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will have a look at mine then and see if i can fix it :D

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've looked at mine and i see what is wrong with it now. The bottom hose has been blocked and the hose it t's into replaced so it goies straight from the intercooler piping to the actuator. The top hose has been cut and blocked off both sides.

Why would anyone do this?

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Well at least you know what the problem is :bigthumb:

Maybe just a bodge job when removing items ???

Mine had gauges and stuff but all ripped out, so still finding wires and pipes that are incorrect

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
It should work like this;

On the boost solinoid will be arrows showing in and out!

On the in there should be a boost supply from a boost pipe or T'd into another boost supply like the top of a dump valve or fuel pressure reg.

The out of the boost solinoid should go straight to the actuator, there should be NO T's in that pipe.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
can anyone tell me on the boost solinoid which has the arrow in and out, i.e is the top in and bottom out?

Just yella yours doesnt sound as though it is connected properly, if anyone can tell me the answer to the above question as i dont have the std solinoid anymore i can explain how to connect it properly and make a sticky.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Cheers for that fella, will sort mine out now :bigthumb:

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was thinking something similar myself but i dons see where the other pipe is meant to be????

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just looked at an old picture of when i had my 200sx and the pipe that comes out of the boost solinoid goes to a t piece splitting to the actuator and intercooler piping

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Like i said guys the pipe that comes out of the boost solinoid to the actuator should have nothing interfearing with it to muck up the control from the solinoid.

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Do you have a pic of yours?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts