Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have searched on here and other forums but just get an explination and no pics
i am after a pic of were the boost restrictor is on an r32 gtr please
i have had a look and so has keith but couldnt find it so i want a pic to see if mine has already been moved or removed .
i have an ebc in it that will go up to 1.4bar but the car wont let it go above 0.9bar
(please note i will not be running on 1.4bar on standard tubs was just checking it)

·
Seasoned Member
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ross if you are running 400+ bhp then the restrictor will have already been removed i would think
but it might have been enlarged and not removed as i cant get it to go above 0.9bar even with the ebc set at 1.4 bar so there is somthing restricting it as i want to run it at 1bar

·
Registered Insane
997 Posts
i am assuming by the other pic it should be one of the pipes going to the regulator?
If you mean the pic from the link in my post, then it's the boost solenoid, looking at yours I have arrowed what looks to be the best bet, the pic isn't too clear.

Check under the filter for the solenoid, if it's there then those are the pipes you need, if the restrictor is still in you will be able to feel it by gentle squeezing the pipe.

·
Seasoned Member
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
right i checked the pipes that fuelburner highlighted and it is the one with the yellow resrictor but the pipes go to nothing and have been blanked off so i am assuming that there bypassed by the ebc (hks evc 1)
now i can only think now that the ecu is resricting it some how?
i only think that as when it was on the dyno it had a rev cut at 7200 rpm which is before the redline,
is it posible for the ecu to have a boost and rev limit? or am i barking up the wrong tree

1 - 11 of 11 Posts