Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
RB25det inside
1,253 Posts
Get a electronic boost controller or a adjustable actuator if you want to up the boost.
P.s Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
40 Posts
wouldn't recommend it with stock ceramic turbo's though, an avc-r would be a waste of money. rather get a cheaper manual one if you're planning not to fit a bigger turbo (or stock with steel internals instead of ceramic) a full decat combined with a decent fmic will save your turbo a lifetime (if you're not running a 5inch from the elbow) not to mention a boostcontroller with no decat done yet, lol

·
RB25det inside
1,253 Posts
wouldn't recommend it with stock ceramic turbo's though, an avc-r would be a waste of money. rather get a cheaper manual one if you're planning not to fit a bigger turbo (or stock with steel internals instead of ceramic) a full decat combined with a decent fmic will save your turbo a lifetime (if you're not running a 5inch from the elbow) not to mention a boostcontroller with no decat done yet, lol
It's a rb20det ,they only have 1 turbo.
You have no idea what mods he has done,yet you're telling him buy a cheap manual bleed valve over a proper boost controller unless he wants to fit a bigger turbo :rolleyes:
A full decat combined with a decent fmic will save your turbo a lifetime :funny:

I ran my stock ceramic turbo @ 0.9 bar for a year using a hks actuator + didnt have any problems.

If you dont have experience dont comment.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It's a rb20det ,they only have 1 turbo.
You have no idea what mods he has done,yet you're telling him buy a cheap manual bleed valve over a proper boost controller unless he wants to fit a bigger turbo :rolleyes:
A full decat combined with a decent fmic will save your turbo a lifetime :funny:

I ran my stock ceramic turbo @ 0.9 bar for a year using a hks actuator + didnt have any problems.

If you dont have experience dont comment.
I don't think an rb20 turbo will last long on .9bar, most people only recommend about .8 on a stock rb20 turbo, then why buy an 700 dollar avc-r to increase boost pressure by a thenth of a bar. (stock boost pressure = .7 bar)

·
RB25det inside
1,253 Posts
I ran mine for over a year @ 0.9 + it didnt blow .
That 0.8bar is a net mith.
You can pick up a greddy bc new for less than £240 or a Hks actuator less for £100.

If you dont have personal experience about what you're posting about you shouldn't be giving advice to members.
Just cause you read something on the net dont make it true or accurate.
There's lots of key board mechanics on the net.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts