Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how will i know if this happens, fitted my Greddy profec B typeII not really sure of set up more complecated than i thought... any1 know a good setting to put mine on, inc all functions and how to tell about spiking?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Don't think you can tell on the Profec B that boost has spiked, as it has no display. Your best bet is to fit an aftermarket boost gauge. If you're "really" worried about spikes, pay the extra and get one with a memory function, so at the press of a button, you can see what the maximum boost was.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Get your car set up properly, on a RR ideally. Most boost controllers are prone to spikes, even the weather can affect them. It just depends on how much of a spike you're getting, and for how long.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
so should I worrie ifshe spikes say to 14.8 psi, now and again...think when wheels spin?

also ppl I have a rattle when on high boost, not sure if its serious. or just a heat sheld?

With these mentioned mods any1 wanna guess my bhp?

Induction
Decat exhaust
Blitz intercooler
differant ecu
strut braces (front anf rear)
Greddy profec B type II (in box to be fitted this weekend)
new discs and pads
braded hoses (still in box to go on)
turbo timer (edited to inc)

E

·
0 Posts
One and the same. Just means your timing is out a bit. Not a good thing to have at full boost as meltdown is quite likely.

E

·
0 Posts
Give Abbey a bell & see what they say. It`ll be cheaper than new pistons.
What fuel are you using??

Edit to say have a look at this 1st & see if resting the ECU helps at all.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fuel, optimax when poss, other plus and octane booster...... ecu not original, doesn't reset.. I'll call abbey and Rk 2morrow, me thinks

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
so should I worrie ifshe spikes say to 14.8 psi, now and again...think when wheels spin?
Depends what it's set at now, really. Mine's set at 1.1 bar, but only spikes to about 1.2 bar. But as others have suggested, it's better to get it checked out, I'm sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts