Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the first stage boost be eliminated, so that a constant amount of boost is achieved throughout the whole rev range?

I only ask this because common sense tell me that as long as you running safe levels of boost, why not run it at a constant rate?

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
the car has been set up not to really fish tail down the road. Ie see some of the Sapphire Cossie boys for details.

Two stage boost is to assist with the driveability of the car.

I am sure you can get around it. in a 180 degree kind of a way

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
nor does mine, 1.1bar all the way :D

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1.1bar mine peaks at 0.64 which is nearly half. Are you pulling my plonker or is that for real?

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
GTS-T's run a 2 stage boost, low boost is .4 and high boost is .6 and is controlled via the ECU through a boost solenoid.

You can bypass this by simply tracing back the pipe from the actuator and joining it straight into the vavuum line fron the pipe on the feed to the intercooler.

This will allow the actuator to go straight to the factory set target boost level i.e. .6 bar.

you will have to loop a pipe on the solenoid though otherwise the ECU will detect an air leek and drop back the settings on the car.

Hope this helps.....

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Mine peaks at .58 if its real cold outside...

I am going to wait for a boost controller before I fire .85 at it constantly... :D

Interesting idea kngp, might be worth a go, thats basically just running it on whatever the actuator is set at from Nissan, cool...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Lanky has the same as me, a Blitz DCII turbo timer with a built in boost gauge....

Standard one is just... :rolleyes:

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Ah all is explained. I never have the time to look at the standard one when it should be reading full whack, it might not work for all I know

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
1.1 bar @ 3000rpm, I must admit mine is not quite as standard as maybe some are...

Paul

E

·
0 Posts
I saw the graph from the dyno run for your car at Abbeys the other day. Does spool up a bit rapid dont it.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Its fruity... :D:D

N

·
0 Posts
hg/mm?
bar ?
psi ?
kg/cm?
what one ?
it seems every one is talking different measurements

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
I sold my soul to the devil...

I then gave the money to....

Abbey Motorsport
Grey Devil Industries
TurboDynamics
HKS
Apexi
and a few others (but not necessarily in that order)

Paul

1 - 20 of 36 Posts