Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Skyline Addict
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my car on the road finally in the last few days and noticed that it is alot more powerful than my last skyline.

I fitted a Defi boost gauge and a bitz turbo timer/ digital boost gauge at the weekend.

These are reading at just above 0.9 bar boost.:crazy:

There is no boost controller or adjustable actuator in the car and a standard turbo and ecu.

Can anyone tell me why its boosting this high please?

·
Skyline Addict
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Engine spec is as follows

Front mount
Air intake
Bov
3" Catback exhaust
Standard elbow
Standard downpipe
Standard cat converter
Uprated pump!

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
might be a standard ecu but it could have been remapped and can you not also shime the wate gate with a few washers like you can on the Supra mkIII this would make it boost higher i did it on my Supra boosts at roughly 1bar with 3 washers

·
Registered
572 Posts
It could have had the boost restricter drilled out or removed
is the point of the restrictor in the boost pipe not to slow the feed of boost to the actuator, thus increasing the boost? could be wrong like. It could also be a sticky wastegate, maybe a better flowing manifold, dodgy/tired actuator or the spring in the actuator could have been altered to run this pressure. the gtr actuators are set to 0.8 unsure of the standard gtst though.

·
Banned
1,640 Posts
i'm sure a FMIC and a fuel pump will up your boost a bit ate.

usually .85 bar is safe on stock turbo.

maybe an idea to get a boost controller and nudge it down a bit...OR get a steel turbo and nudge it UP a lot!!!!! :D

·
Skyline Addict
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'm sure a FMIC and a fuel pump will up your boost a bit ate.

usually .85 bar is safe on stock turbo.

maybe an idea to get a boost controller and nudge it down a bit...OR get a steel turbo and nudge it UP a lot!!!!! :D
Ya i was told that the standard turbo cant take much over the .85 bar mark.
Im going to check the actuator at the weekend. Hope thats it as i have a hks adjustable acquired from a mate.

Where can i get my turbo done with steel internals? Cant find anyone in Ireland to do it!!:swear:

·
Banned
1,640 Posts
you "can " run them at a bar...the only question is how long before it goes BANG!!!

RSP do re-built turbos mate, unsure on the irish scene but can always get one sent out... ;)

·
Skyline Addict
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers mate ill check out rsp. I know i can drive away at the moment but it would just be a matter of time.

Just dont want the hassle.

Ill have it off the road for the time being anyway.

Might go get a big turbo:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts