Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
look its a skyline!
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a hks racing suction kit which i had new and then purchased a blitz bov, problem is when i let off or change gear it burbles out tne filter as well of dumping out the bov, it does it more the lower the boost is, will the bov have a stronger spring or is the noise normal? i do like the noise but dont want the turbo gettin naffed

·
"A Skyline with 4 doors?"
380 Posts
Your new BOV's spring is over tightened from the sound of it. What you need to do is on the BOV, loosen the jam nut, then loosen the spring tension adjustment bolt a little and retighten the jam nut. Do this in small increments and check it out. If the cars starts to stall or try to stall after boost, then you loosened the tension to much. It's a small area where you have to balance enough spring tension to work properly but not stall out the car.

·
look its a skyline!
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its wound all the way open, is it possible that it has a stronger spring? took it to pieces and the spring is blue?

·
"A Skyline with 4 doors?"
380 Posts
If it's as loose as it can be, you've got a nice high performance Blitz BOV. I know that some of the Blitz BOVs can have different springs installed for different pressure release points. I have an HKS one which doesn't have replacement springs and it makes the sound your taking about from the filter, even when the BOV opens sometimes. As long as your BOV is openning you should be safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts