Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im driving my 1991 GTS-T, and decided today was a good day to start some major work on her, so started changing parts like the coil packs, the spark plugs, little minor things to start with, and decided i would change how the blow off runs back into the intake, to instead run into the atmosphere, but i noticed i got some CRAZY idle issues. So i thought the long piece of pipe i capped was creating a vacuum or something, so i cut it off right at the intake. Still had the problem, so i got to playing with to blow off valve, and i noticed the spring was lifting when the pressures should have been equal. Has anyone noticed the stock spring is too weak? or is it just possibly mine that is worn?
I can get the stock parts cheaper than any after market ones, and since the stock ones sound great, im wondering if i take a chance, and get a new OEM one, but then do i run the risk of the same spring problem. If anyone has any past experience let me know, thanks!!!

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
If you use the search button you'll find its well documented that the skyline suffers very badly with idly issues with no recirculating dump valve fitted.

The std one is definately not designed to be used as an atmospheric dump valve as it has no adjustment.

The standard dump valve is definately the best dump valve to have fitted upto 400bhp or 1.4bar boost.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts