Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
RSP Tuned 515.7 BHP
7,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
basically does any one know what bhp a standard porsche boxster is?
it really cant be that much cos my skyline absolutley eats them! never even been close and theres loads in bristol!
One of my best mates dad always get them, after a year sells his current one and buys a new one exactly the same. I told him he really should spend a lil extra and get a 911 cos i completely agree with what clarkson once said that everyone who drives a boxster is basically drivin about with a big sign saying I couldnt quite afford a 911! Anyway i've driven it a few times and it is a quality car, well built etc but i reckon my super old 2.0l corsa would whoop one! whats ur input people?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sure the newer model Boxter S (04 on) is a 3.4 puttng out just under 300 BHP - not sure on the torque figures though.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I had a play with one on brighton seafront yesterday at 7 am. He pulled up at the lights, they changed and he set of full whack. i thought fine get on with it, he then slowed to 25 and we stopped at next lights. Again he set off like a loon so I just tracked him and waved at him urging him on. Quite enjoyed it really knowing that if I wanted I could just pootle on by. :mpee: :moony:

·
4,143 Posts
the new boxster s is a good car and i found it to handle much better than the couple of 911's i have driven apart from the gt3 cup car i ahve driven a couple of times but really the boxster s is a good car and ok not blistering but still fast.
faster than a stage 1 gtst anyway as 0-60 in 5.4 secs

·
Registered
530 Posts
It was just the "I'll beat you off the lights then slow to annoy you" that I didn't like. I think Porsche are just at the stage where they are trying to change the 911 face without losing the clientele. They tried with the 928 but got stung so they are doing it inch by inch. Still love the RS Carrera best. Huuuuuge whale tail.

·
Registered
812 Posts
i eat boxters for breakfast

·
Registered
359 Posts
Boxsters are pretty slow but it could have been one of Porsches best ever cars, because it has the engine mid mounted instead of hanging out behind the rear axle it is one of the best handling modern porsches ever made! But rumour has it that they never put a seriously powerful engine in it because it would be faster and handle better than the 911 and the boxster was supposed to be the "budget" Porsche!! Many tuners have since put 911 engines in the Boxster where it should go, mid mounted, with amazing results!

So why do those Germans still insist on putting outboard engines on their 911's !?!? :screwy:

·
R33 GTS25
1,145 Posts
Whether or not you will crush a Boxter all depends on what model it is. Here are the figures for the 986:

The 1995-2000 models were only available with a 2.5 with 201 bhp output.

In 2000, the Boxster was upgraded to a 2.7 sparking it up to 217 bhp.
The same year, the Boxster S was introduced with a 3.2 at 250 bhp.

From 2003, the 2.7 was upgraded to 228 bhp.
Likewise on the 3.2, that had its power increased to 228 bhp.

In 2004 the 3.2 had its power increased even further, now delivering 258 bhp.

Pre-2003 models can sometimes be identified through their orange front indicators, though some owners will inevitably replace them with the newer clear indicators. Also, red rear clusters were replaced with clear clusters on the post-2003 models.

In other words, unless it's a post-2004 3.2 you're up against, you'll have a prett-y good chance of smoking him :uzi:

On the other hand, the 987 (second generation boxster) introduced in 2005 has even higher power figures.... so be careful... :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts