Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst replacing my brake fluid I managed to allow a bit of air to get in the master cylinder before topping it back up. :eek:

I have bled and bled and bled again but cant get the brake pedal to where it was before I started. There must be air still in the system but its not coming out as the fluid coming out of all bleed nipples is as clear as a bell without any trace of air at all. I suspect I have air in the servo but is there a way of getting this out as I cant see a bleed nipple on the servo unit anywhere?

·
Banned
1,919 Posts
sloathy said:
Whilst replacing my brake fluid I managed to allow a bit of air to get in the master cylinder before topping it back up. :eek:

I have bled and bled and bled again but cant get the brake pedal to where it was before I started. There must be air still in the system but its not coming out as the fluid coming out of all bleed nipples is as clear as a bell without any trace of air at all. I suspect I have air in the servo but is there a way of getting this out as I cant see a bleed nipple on the servo unit anywhere?
Its pretty unlikely to have air in the master cylinder.

If you use a pressure bleed system like Gunsons eezibleed you should be ok.

A trick i used to use to get air out of motorcycle master cyclinders was to cable tie the lever back and leave overnight , the air then bubbles to the surface, might be worth trying to wedge the brake pedal down with something and trying the same.

Often though when bleeding brakes by pumping the pedal the rubber seals inside the master cylinder can get damaged.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers chaps,

Good News!!

Had another go today and the pedals back to the top.

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Anyone know where abouts on the ABS unit the nipples are on a R33 spec 2 and waht size spanner to use?

Had a look see but cannot locate them :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts