1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Gold Digger Gtr
207 Posts
nice job, what did you paint the nissan part with? i choose to just leave that alone. What colour is the car?

heres mine, red goes VERY well with black

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
car is white, decided i didnt want red calipers - had to go for blue

car is white
wheels are gold / polished aluminium lips - so cant do yellow
dont want red
dont like green
= use blue

had to cheat on the nissan part - just used 4 coats of primer - came out great though lol :D only a stop-gap til i get some cash again

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
il stick another pic up with the wheel back on once its all properly dried - literally JUST finished, hands are still more blue than hand-colour

·
Gold Digger Gtr
207 Posts
yeah blue will look good against the white, good job, yeah id love to see pics of it behind the wheels.:bigthumb:

I decided to paint the whole caliper including the nissan writing, then once paint had hardened, scraped the paint off the letters with a stanley blade, patience is needed but worth the effort i thinks

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
They look very nice. Im thinking of doing mine soon but im a bit unsure what colour to do them. Can you get a pic up of the whole car please so i can make my mine up.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so these are the pics of the calipers behind the wheel, and one from a bit further out so you get an idea of blue calipers on a white skyline.. full car pic at the end taken before any brake-painting..

hopefully they all come out okay

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i agree that red looks great behind the wheels of a black skyline though :bigthumb:

·
bla
17,374 Posts
p.s what is the best stuff to use.... i did my preludes red but i wouldnt say it was a great finish...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha red is okay but blue is for winners :D:D:D:D:D mc - yours do look good tho:bigthumb:

glad you like em guys coz it took about 4hours to get only the front 2 done - kept spitting, and i had to do one at a time instead of front 2, back 2 :(

so same time 2moro the back 2 need doing, then il stick some finished shots up

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dont know whats best coz thats the only set ive done before :S i know people who were lazy and used hammerite of all things, but for them i used a foliatec caliper kit. it comes with a spray to clean the brake dust off first, wire brush the rest away, then you get the base colour and hardener to mix up, give it a few coats, then when its dry gloss over again with just clear hardener then leave it overnite to dry.

but yeah i used foliatec kit - was about 25quid with enough to do all 4 easily, comes with instructions too

·
Gold Digger Gtr
207 Posts
exactly what i used the foliatec stuff, nice little kit. Get the mix of hardner and paint right though, can be tricky but i got there in the end, and yes best let to dry over night, i used my das garage

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i guessed at the mix - it said 3:1 on the instructions but didnt say which way round, so i poured it by eye - 3parts paint to 1part hardener and it came out fine !! if it dries [email protected] il get the wire brush out and do it again, i got another 23days holiday still ahead so need something interesting to fill the time up lol

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi Guys, i dont know if you will find this Message, but Iam going to attempt to do mine soon and I was woundering, cant you just use High Temperature Engine Paint to do the Calipers ? or do you have to use a specific KIT ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
im gona be doin this too, when i replace my discs & pads.
either silver or red - undecided yet.
but what about the nissan bit, have i got to buy another kit in white???

1 - 18 of 18 Posts