Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else fitted one of these? I got one and fitted it yesterday (yet to drive the car) and was wondering how tight it needs to be against the cylinder to stop it moving. Im worried I've over tightened it putting pressure on the cylinder.

I've been told its meant to be a really good mod so cant wait to take it for a spin.

Regards

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
All it needs is to be tight enough to prevent the cylinder 'flexing' under load. It's a great mod to do, but you only feel the real benefits when breaking from high speed or whenever the pedal needs a hard stab.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll feel it all the time then :)

Think I should probably loosen it a little then.

Many thanks

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
It's a neutral pressure device, providing support through resistance, so there's no requirement to push the master cylinder through the bulkhead!

The job needs doing in good light, then simply adjust until the stop touches the cylinder, I set mine untill I couldn't push the smallest of my feeler guages between even using a pair of pliers, then nipped up another half turn. A little pressure and a small deflection of a few thou is fine, I worked on the principle that the mounting had flexed thousands of times, so adjusting for a few thou of "corrective" pressure would be fine.

Aitch

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep all done, You can it feel it all the time with normal braking and especially high speed braking. Just feels tighter, firmer. Good mod for £22.

Regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts