Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace the brake discs on my r33 gtst. Can someone please tell me what and where to get them from. And an idea of what kinda money i'm lookin at. Want to upgrade a little bit so drilled and grooved are a preference. And i need them in the next couple of weeks if possible. Thanks in advance lads.
Also are the gtst discs 280mm or 296mm in size?

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
OK, the following are the actual sizes of the discs you require, no if's but's or maybe's, the original part dimensions.

The GTST RB25 between 1993 and 1998 uses 296mm dia x 30mm discs thickness, no options or alternatives, unless of course you want to try to squeeze the discs from the 1989 to 1993 R32 GTR in the caliper, which may be possible as they are only 2mm thicker and would be a good upgrade (greater mass) if they would.

Which is what you are currently trying to do, as the only Skyline discs ever produced at 32mm thickness were the R32 GTR discs, not maybe or possibly, definitely. The discs you have been supplied with are DEFINITELY for the R32 GTR if they are 32mm x 296mm.

Personally I have another problem with this, (apart from they are the wrong discs) Why are they saying they are 8 to 10mm too thick? That's rubbish as the original discs for the GTST are 30mm. I would either take the car to someone who knows what they are doing, or even do it yourself, it's an easy job and you couldn't possibly make a worse job than these people.

Aitch

as said by aitch thats the sizes u need however im running r32 gtr drilled discs on mine with redstuff pads. discs are bigger but fit fine mate unfortunately i dont know the price.:cheers:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers bud. Rang a guy today and he told me he had tar ox listed for my car at 280mm. Glad i checked. Now back to the point at hand. I WANT DISCS!!!!!!
Is Dan big brakes still about? Haven't seen any recent threads or posts and i'm considering the 345 conversion. Anyone got pics of the drilled and grooved version as that will probably seal the deal for me!!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Hopefully we haven't seen much of Dan due to a heavy workload..I believe he now has the Brembo discs available with his kits for a fair price so worth a call.

Aitch

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
try RSP, they do DBA discs, also EBC as well I think. I dont know current prices though sorry! am sure that any of the other traders on here will also supply discs too! :)

·
AKA The Torque Monster
1,096 Posts
Hy man if your still looking for disc's give me a call i can get you a set if the EBC turbo disc's new and at the right money.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
No offence but the Brembo's Dan does and indeed the DBA's are far superior to the EBC discs, but i guess the EBC's would be cheaper..

I think Dan does the Brembo front upgrade kit for around £260..

Aitch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts