Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm considering upgrading the brakes on my GTSt and I'm looking for people that have upgraded theirs to pass on their opinions. It seems that there are a lot of upgrade kits available, however finding people that have tried them out seems a little tricky.

Browsing through the net I've found kits made by Ksport, Tarox, Brembo, APP, AP, Trust, Trust/Alcon, Endless and Project Mu. Robopope is running Stoptechs and he said they are good, so thats a start!

Besides peoples opinions on the different makes of brakes I'd also like to hear opinions on optimium size discs and optimum number of pistons. Also with the braking biased towards the front is there a real need to upgrade the rears, and if you do can the system ie master cylinder etc cope without modification itself?

I know it's a lot of questions but if people can chip in with what they know that would be cool :cheers:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Depends on budget and what you want from the upgrade..

Virtually any increase in disc size will improve braking considerably, and any change from standard to improved pads will usually provide similar results, both together is ahuge improvement.

But when you're talking stuff like Stoptech that's getting serious, At that point I think I'd talk to Dan or find my own route to larger Brembo's with top pads, Ferodo DS2500's, Endless etc, you know what's out there.

My only experience on a Skyline was the wife's N/A RB25DE GTS/S..swapped the 280mm discs for 296mm DBA Wiper slot grooved discs with the 2500 pads, I ran out of superlatives on the combo's effectiveness way back, even after the usual mods and fitting a 50 shot NOS kit these brakes are magic.

I only replaced rears with like for like OEM kit, there's more than enough potential in the rears, the front to rear ratio means they are underworked most of the time, and you've always got the handbrake in reserve if needed!

Not quite what you were looking for I suspect but will keep the thread warm!

Aitch

1 - 2 of 2 Posts