Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've searched the forum but i can't find anything on this.

when i put the brakes on, the brake lights come on but the headlights go out! it doesn't happen all the time. doesn't do it if i've only just turned the lights on but if i've driven the car anywhere and then brake the lights go off!

i can hear a relay clicking as i push the brake pedal which i assume is the headlight relay.

where is this relay coz i haen't got a clue as all my fuse box diagrams are in japanese!

do you think its just a problem with the relay or do i need to look for a bad earth?

·
Bad Ass Mo Fo!
1,892 Posts
its one of the bulbs that have blown in such a way its crossing filiments with the secondary light (dim light to show headlights are on). my civic does this alot. check all the bulbs in the back and replace the screwed one.

·
Bad Ass Mo Fo!
1,892 Posts
it wont be anything else tbh that i can think of. the two circuits are completly independant that i know of except at the bulbs. and as its only when you brake, the circuit connects. the civic does that so oftern (bought 20 sets of bulbs in 8 months!!!!) its not funny. (they are well known for this prob - eg civic). althought it is wierd when i brake sometimes, my dashboard lights dim, and my headlights go on! lol!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok then! i'll go check my bulbs and see what the deal is! hopefully thats it! its odd though! doesn't seem to happen when i'm driving fast. only when i come to as stop or driving slowly. i suppose maybe if i'm going fast the filament is wobbling around!

cheers for your help. i'll get back on here if its not that but sounds like it is!

cheers!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no joy i'm afraid! all bulbs are fine and working ok!

when i put the brake on the relay for the headlights is clicking off which is why the headlights go out. are the rear lights controlled from the same relays as the front lights and do they use any of the same wires as the brake light system? any idea where i can get wiring diagrams from so i can trace all the wires and check them out?

cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts