Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't driven the car for a week or two and thought I would bring it to work in the sunshine today.. well..my brakes are shuddering every time I put my foot on the pedal and they feel like they aint gonna stop me.. I am in the process of looking for new brakes but am waiting to see what size will fit undet the 17's.. but can anyone tell me why they have suddenly started shaking... is it warped discs...?

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Paul,
you may be just cleaning the surfaces off again, mine can be a bit like that after ive not driven it for a while, just dont go mad till its settles down again

Paul

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What sort of time frame will it take to settle down.. it is most un nerving.. I am having to brake alot earlier than I normally would

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
not far, 20 miles or so, just till all the surfaces have cleaned up and bedded down, ive felt it before and thought warped disks but then it starts to settle down back to normal.

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll go for a drive lunchtime then, see if its any better when I get back..

·
Registered
469 Posts
If it's worse when hot then it could be air in the brake fluid, or old knackered fluid that's absorbed a lot of water.

If it's bad when the brakes are completely cold then is very likely to be warped disks. Had that very problem last week on my old dagenham dustbin - £60 worth of disks and pads and 80 mins with the spanners made a massive difference.

If yours are as bad as mine was then I'd get it sorted quickly if I were you - had to make an emergency stop last week and went completely sideways - so sorted it next day. New underwear as well.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Any joy with the brakes?

Paul

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not yet.. I keep coming across the old money problem... cant seem to get a set for under 1800, Thats a little too rich for me at the mo..trying to sort out a set with some one at the mo.. fingers crossed he feels sorry enough for me to let the price down a bit..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts