Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I need to upgrade my brakes badly, and before i go and spend stupid amounts on a full kit, i wanted to get peoples advice on just changing the disc's and pads to somthing like EBC and DS2000, people on here have done it, and say its a very good setup, i was just wondering how good?
Also if going for the EBC discs, whats the biggest i can fit with standard calipers?

BTW i have a R33 GTS-T.

Thanks

Dan

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
EBC disc's are sh*te!!! Get some DBA disc's and Pagid RS 29 yellow pads if you do track days or Pagid RS 4-2-1 if you want a fast road setup.

·
Autobahn Burner
1,223 Posts
Hello all

I need to upgrade my brakes badly, and before i go and spend stupid amounts on a full kit, i wanted to get peoples advice on just changing the disc's and pads to somthing like EBC and DS2000, people on here have done it, and say its a very good setup, i was just wondering how good?
Also if going for the EBC discs, whats the biggest i can fit with standard calipers?

BTW i have a R33 GTS-T.

Thanks

Dan
unless you get adapter brackets, you cannot go any bigger on your disk with standard calipers, the good news is that any upgrade kits for 300zxtt or 5 lug s14 that come with calipers will work but if the kit uses the stock caliper you will need to get them. I also have an R33gtst and am using a brake upgrade kit from a 300zx, it was a direct bolt on but I had to buy 300zx or r32 gtst calipers as once on the extension bracket, the stock calipers extended 6.5mm beyond the disk but were too short to use without the bracket.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Try Red Dot Racing (0870 300 2354) for your Discs and Pads. I have there 329mm set up on my GTS-T and they are excellent...

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
I found the mintex Xtreme pads didn't last very long, two and a half trackdays to be precise, thats approx 150 miles of hard driving.

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
I run DBA 4000 6x6 discs and Red stuff pads and find them absolutely brilliant.

I've just changed the pads after i'd done 3 days at castle combe, one day at silverstone and a day at the nurburgring and the discs are still absolutely fine and the pads were just over half worn!

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
I do use mine on the road everyday! even if i wasnt doing any track days i'd still use the same set up.

For my set up rising sun do a very cheap for the set up fitted.

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
The kit i believe comes with new Pads and discs and a spacer to lift the std caliper up to accommodate the bigger disc (basically the same as Dan's big brake set ups).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts