Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, running on the assumption that my R32 GTST will be fixed soon, I have a brake disc question. (I am lazy so thought I'd ask rather than find out for myself.)

Does the GTS-T have 280mm discs or 296? I have the four pot Nissan front brakes, with ABS.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
I was going to tell you to go out and measure the feckers, then I saw you said you are lazy!

Try RonS site at all ?

·
"A Skyline with 4 doors?"
380 Posts
I know that this isn't exactly what you're looking for. But this may help you find parts, if you've got the 5 lug hubs with the Type M brakes on an R32, have Nissan written on them. (sounds like you do, they're the 4 pot fronts) They are identicle to the 300ZX's. Anytime I order pads or rotors (like the slotted ones I plan to order soon) I just order parts for a 300ZX saves a lot of headache trying to explain what vehicle it's for. Also saves the confused look on the sales person, although sometimes it's worth it!

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool.... I sourced a set of standard discs thru my family for the 300ZX/S14 and they came up with 280mm jobs. £80 the pair.
Wasn't sure tho, as Ron S' site says 296mm...... Mind you, the dude from 3g reckoned 280mm was what he sent me last time.

Cheers guys. 280mm it must be.
Pity I have no pads :( and a bent car still.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
It will get better soon mate. Anyone know if the GTR discs are the same or different to the GTS-T in the R32s? Mine are warped so gunna have to buy newbies soon.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Well I think the discs that are on there are aftermarket anyway as they are drilled but I'm only gunna put standard ones back on I think.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Cheers dude. That's wickid. You're an oracle.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, just changed discs and pads (for £100 - cheapos til I get some cash and a repaired car), all went well.... Discs and Pads DEFINITELY same as S14 200SX.... But not 300ZX - or at least not the Z32 anyway.... it has 296mm jobbies.

·
Registered
212 Posts
another stupid question

are the rears the same as well?

cheers dave

Jock Alert said:
Well, just changed discs and pads (for £100 - cheapos til I get some cash and a repaired car), all went well.... Discs and Pads DEFINITELY same as S14 200SX.... But not 300ZX - or at least not the Z32 anyway.... it has 296mm jobbies.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts