Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my front discs are on the way out,i want to upgrade to performance discs and pads but i can only find one set, tarox out over £400 without pads (ouch) can anyone let me know what the best set up would be at a resonable price.also do the 300 zx ones fit straight on with no mods ?

thanks
lee

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
I fitted a set of GTR front calipers and discs to mine, (well Abbey motors did) the improvement was amazing, you need 17 inch wheels minimum to get em to fit though

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
i priced up some 300zx discs the other day for someone on here if you do a search Im sure you will find them to give you an idea and yes they do pretty much go straight on as a swap.

·
Banned
5,275 Posts
No, there is really!

It's the one I use when launching from the lights, just lures them into a false sense of security before u re-engage the on/off switch

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Try DBA disc's, I have these with DS2500 pads and the result according to my mate who just spent 1400 on a set of KAD's for his supra they are much much better than his 6 pot KAD set.. in fact he is very pissed off he spent that ...

Richard can get these at a good rate..

·
Registered
303 Posts
Dba discs,

Abbey carry all the different discs in stock that DBA supply for the Skyline range, give us a ring and we can supply prices.

·
Approx [email protected] bar
131 Posts
What is Abbey motorsports phone number anyone please?

My front discs are showing small cracks, and I have 2 track days lined up that will defo finish them off!

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Abbey MotorSport : Tel : 01883 732 331

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
DBA are on
01622 831221

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have gone for DBA brakes and Ferodo pads, I think their DS2500 but they might not be DS but I know the numbers are right (I think). Has anyone got this set up?. How does it perform?. Are they the right pads?. As much info as possible would be great. Thanks a lot.

LEE.

·
Opinionated *unt
1,593 Posts
Lets not forget brake fluid. I just uprated mine and it is quite possibly the best few quid I've spent on the car so far.

I get absolutely fluid boil right now and I've just tested on a midnight drive. :D

The difference is awesome.

·
Banned
5,275 Posts
Lee, how much were your front discs then?

I've got some DS2500's but I've not put em on yet as I don't want to ruin em on my old discs

Pete

1 - 20 of 24 Posts