Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
look its a skyline!
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
due to my brakes being totally crap on my r33 gts im gonna change them, what do you reccomend?

·
Banned
5,275 Posts
Ferodo ds2500 pads, they won't be crap then!
Never heard a bad word for em and they will transform your brakes

·
look its a skyline!
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how about a full big disk conversion? i want my baby to stop as when i last went to the bubble meet i crashed due to my brakes and smashed the bumper, the intercooler survived tho!

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
If you dont have ABS then gliding in to something with the wheels locked is not pretty either

I have EBC disks and pads with stock calipers and they arent too bad. The GTR Brembos are a popular conversion too ( ive got some of these too, really should fit em to something)

Paul

·
Gets Blown by Twins :D
2,327 Posts
GTR Brembo's with Ferrodo DS2500's for me, great stopping power.

·
look its a skyline!
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dont know if it has abs but it didnt lock up, apart from me pulling the handbrake up to try and stop it better, had pagid pads om my bmw with drilled disks and they were good, how much will gtr brakes cost me?

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
It depends if you can find someone who has a set spare, they are very much in demand as they can be fitted to other marques too. Are you looking for fronts only or front and rear. Also disks are not cheap either OEM or afternmarket

Paul

·
look its a skyline!
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just the front for now unless i find some cheap rears, will evo brembos fit? as i can get hold of the callipers

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
a set of fronts with disks will be around £500 second hand

Paul

·
look its a skyline!
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool do you know of any other aftermarket ones and which is best? wilwood,ap racing,ect

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
AP, Tarox, Endless etc there are many other options but mostly hugely more expensive

·
look its a skyline!
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
better than spending a few grand on repairs tho, and they look cool

1 - 14 of 14 Posts