Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to upgrade the brakes on my r32gtr. without buying an aftermarket caliper kit, what options doi have? ny car has 17" super advans if that helps.

i was thinking of ferodo ds2500 pads and braided hoses but what disks appear to be the best?

is it worth going for brembo calipers off the newer skylines? do they perform any better?

are there any other components to be upgraded?

cheers
jaz

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Hi Mate,
I would check the calipers are in top condition. Fit some uprated EBC discs,redstuff or yellowstuff pads, braided hoses and new fluid. makes a big inprovement in stopping without costing a fortune. Make sure you get 32 gtr discs as they are pretty much the same as 33 gtst but 32mm wide instead of 30.

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
As Jono says, Some braided lines, EBC discs, Yellow stuff pads and all new fluid will make the world of difference.

I'd also add a brake stopper.

·
pedaltothemetal
972 Posts
As ^^ but maybe you should have a look see which is gonna best suit your driving style some pads heat up quicker than others and some fade more. If you are going for brembo's then you should really match the pads too. my opinion only.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
who makes the brake stopper?

ive had ferodos in the past and thought they were very good. mind you ive had ebc disks warp on me in the past too.

is it worth getting the brembos off a newer skyline or keep the ones that are on it?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
JDM Garage do the brake stoppers.
Brembo calipers are a good upgrade if you can find a set at a reasonable price.
The R32 GTR V spec also has Brembo calipers. and are pretty much a bolt on with the correct discs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.