Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out working in Toulouse, France for Airbus and for once earning fantastic money. Loving every minute of it, having a great time socially and having money to burn on the skyline. Last weekend I decided to go snow boarding in Luchon for the first time. I was a natural at it and picked it up easily. Everything was going great until I bit off more than I can chew, took on a a fast steep slope and wiped out near the bottom. Turns out I broke my wrist, with three pins holding it in place. As a contractor I don't get paid when off sick, so now losing £2k a week. Not a happy bunny!

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
Culpa months to fully heal after having pins fitted

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
When I cracked my wrist it was 6 weeks in plaster but 2 months in total to get wrist back to strength but with you having pins it will make it longer to fully heal

·
Seasoned Member
941 Posts
Mate, that sucks! I'm a contractor and have been in a simlar situation. I had to have a tumour removed from under one of my finger nails ( ****ing painful ). I had to take some time off but then the company let me return to work on light duties. I thought that that was very good of them and it saved me from financial ruin.

Isn't there no way that you could talk to your employer/customer and negotiate some light duty work?

On another note, I broke 2 bones in my foot in a skateboarding accident ( I'm only 50 lol). I had my plaster removed after 4 weeks which was too soon and I was another 2 weeks before I could walk without the need of a crutch. I think your looking at a good 6 weeks if you use tools for a living.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts