Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just got a set of brembo calipers,off an r33gtr vspec.Has anyone fitted these to a r32gts,has anybody got s/h discs and pads for sale.So i can trial fit to my car,befour i spend loads of cash on brand new discs and pads.:cheers:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Loads of stuff on this. Done it myself a few times to R32 GTR's.

Firstly are you running wide enough alloys??? Standard alloys for the GTR & GTS won't take the brembo calipers without hitting the alloy. Your alloy must be 8 each wide for easy clearence. Could put spacers on, But do it right first time and you won't have to worry about the offsets wearing out your tyres later.

DBA discs are around £125 each and pads around £50 up depending on which make you want.

If you want a link for pictures I'll dig the thread out for you.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/5...mbo-r32-conversions.html?highlight=r34+brembo

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Baz,running 17" racing sparco wheels so should be no problem with clearance.
Did a search but didn't find that thread.
Now that i know they will fit,will get a new set of DBA 4000 6x4 slot discs/yellow stuff pads and goodridge hoses.

·
Chairman Stagea Owners Club
359 Posts
I have a set of gold Brembos from a R34 GTR - thats front and rear discs , calipers and decent pads - original nissan not pattern . (This is a much higher uprade if you are interested) .
The front calipers ,which take 14mm bolts have had inserts (done by abbey)to take the 12mm bolts so that they will fit a R32/33/stagea.
As mentioned before there are clearance issues on the front and the R34gtr discs and calipers are bigger still .
Rear calipers take the same size bolts but be careful as they can have a different thread (r34 ones are always different)
With fitting the R34 discs you have to modify remove or change the back plates as the discs are much larger. I also have the larger backplates (dust guards) if needed. This may not be case with your proposed upgrade but its worth checking.
ALL the discs and ALL the cailipers from r32 -r34gtr will physically fit (subject to the above) only exception dont get r34 gtr v spec 2 ones as I beleive the holes are spaced differently .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts