Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Uprated disks and pads

Votes: 15 71.4%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my standard disk's are completely knackered and just waiting for the pads to run out before i replace them.

BUT, what is a better upgrade? Getting some grooved disks and pads or getting some brembo calipers and disks from a GTR?

If it is better to get the disks and pads which ones should i get?

Thanks

Alex

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
I would say uprated discs and pads, no doubt!

I have the stock Brembo setup on my GTR and don´t like it at all.

You need to choose the pads according to your driving style and use of car. So make sure you do some research or speak to someone who knows what he´s talking about (i.e. Chris at Conceptua).

·
Registered
238 Posts
got grooved discs and yellow stuf pads and all round an cant complain brakes feel 1000 times better and really do stop ya got braided lines aswel but waiting for weather to sort its act out, got them from conceptua tuning :)

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
my GTR was stock and they were ok,the best ever was my old GTST that had project mu pads and discs all round,they were unreal and would piss all over brembos,but even ds2500 and ebc discs are better than the brembo setup :)

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
im running prototype floating grooved rotors with soon to be hawk front pads with prototype grooved rear discs on standard pads with dot 5.1 fluid and never had a problem :D:D

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
I thought that the std gtst caliper set up/disc size was poor to be honest, i tried various sets of discs different makes of pad etc and they felt average at best. The best pads i used were yellowstuff, and that's with braided lines, brace and high quality fluid btw.

I now run front and rear brembos, however i do use dba discs all-round instead of std discs, with yellow stuff pads all round and the brakes feel 1000% better, i still use the same braided lines, fluid and brace too.

·
1,540 Posts
I have at the moment:
Braided lines
EBC grooved disks
Yellowstuff pads
Cusco stopper
Race brake fluid.
It's good for a bit of track time but i noticed last time i was on track that towards the end of the day there was a little bit of brake fade.

I will be getting a set of Brembo Monoblock Calipers with custom 2 piece disks this year.
They offer much better stopping power than Standard GTR calipers (even standard brembo's), and after being in a GTR with them fitted i was amazed at how well they pulled up!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.