Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Boogiedyboogiedyboogiedy!
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was crossing my fingers, it was just getting warmer here in Grafenwoher, all the now melted.
But i woke up to a centimeter of snowfall today and more on the way.. Still driving the SUV (Which gets worse gas mileage than the Skyline :screwy: ) till the proper springtime then.

I noticed yesterday a white/silver R33 Gts25t on the base here, with winter tires...... Havent seen the car around before. It's automatic, and looked like a S1.

Anyone have decent weather? Who has their skylines outfitted with M+S tires? The only nice car I ever drive in the snow was my Evo.. I dont even have the skyline out on rainy days.

Whats the plans for springtime? I'll be moving to the Weisbaden / Mainz area, and hope to meed more Skyline owners. There are only 2 others here.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have winter tyres on mine. They make a massive difference but it wont have as much grip as your evo obviously lol.

I still try not to take mine out in the snow the tyres are for the "just incase" lol

I have a mazda 6 estate and a vw passat estate both very good on fuel as my daily runners

·
Registered
22 Posts
No winter tyres on my R32 I'm afraid. Got a trusty old xc70 to do the dirty work over winter, (and are getting a surprisingly good mileage climbing up and down the hills here in CH). :)

The Skyline stays tucked in until spring..

·
Registered
215 Posts
I drive my skyline year round. I put winter tires on for the winter. I made the mistake one year and left summer tires on and immediately paid the price by smashing it into a wall at 3 mph...slowest car crash of all time...lol

·
Germany East/Central Nord Rhein Westfalen
3,039 Posts
OEM Alloys on mine with winter tyres on. Only slipped once with ice on the drive but besides that all has been goood.

I drive 30km a day in her to work with no problems and always garaged.

Cant wait for the summer though as driving slow on the autobahn is very frustrating...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm near Ramstein and I'm watching snow fall right now.. We've had 1 day of snow this winter. Mine still has summer tires on it, so it will likely be parked tomorrow. A friend told me to add weight to the trunk (and snow tires, obviously) and that'll help considerably with the traction issue but I'd rather just drive our beater. Nissan Sunny ftw!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I drive mine all the time it doesnt matter what the weather is.
It just brings more excitment to a drive lol.
The only time mine is off the road is if I am working on her.
I have m and s tyres on mine.

Jay

·
Germany East/Central Nord Rhein Westfalen
3,039 Posts
I drive mine all the time it doesnt matter what the weather is.
It just brings more excitment to a drive lol.
The only time mine is off the road is if I am working on her.
I have m and s tyres on mine.

Jay
Jay!!!

Long time no speak. When you free for a meet???

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey, i'm stationed at Spangdahlem AB Germany, not too far from Ramstien or k-town. The skyline is the only vehicle I own and we have had a few snow days here. I will never have the skyline as my winter driver again. I have m+s tires and they absolutely suck. Have already been in one accident, and got high centered once. I am still waiting on USAA to give me a price for it as they totaled the vehicle out for a fender headlight bumper tires, and paint.

·
Boogiedyboogiedyboogiedy!
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, that sucks J_Cool. Hope they give you a decent price.

My R33 has not one single spot of rust, and is a Garage queen for the winter (At ChargedImportRacing's Garage getting forged internals)

My hat is of to those of you that insist on driving a GTST in the winter, esp. if you have more than the stock Hp.

I have been driving my 04 GMC Yukon AWD, haven't had an issue all winter ;) Unless you count all the parking spots around Grafenwoehr too small. And there aren't many parking garages that are tall enough for it.....

Hope to see other Skylines out on the road in a few weeks. It's 40deg F here this weekend, and all the snow is gone!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts