Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you peeps know i was looking for a suitable Rota Bronze colour and after much searching could not find what i wanted...

but i did find a BMW brown called Marakesh Brown which i sprayed one wheel with.Then i sprayed all four as i was surprised how well they looked.

Google it and i think you may like it too :)

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
i bought some bronze rays LMGT4 center caps and had them match the colour to refurb my wheels, turned out great imo, i love the colour, esp the blue hues it picks up in daylight.

the rota bronze varies so much from wheel to wheel (and even on the same wheel if you order from a different batch, too grey for me. had a friend order another wheel,. same colour after he smashed one and it turned up completely differnt)

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Yours look more gold to me mine are quite dark bronze dragerboy painted mine
they matched the centercaps that i provided really well, took them 3 painter before one of them could match lol

i like the dusty bronze/gold colour, personally my favorite colour for wheels

·
Registered
305 Posts
My wheels started out Rota bronze, although I had them changed to matt black. Whilst at the refurb place they mentioned that there is a BMW bronze which is really good (can't remember it's name though). I didn't mind the bronze although thought it was a bit brown looking (which is why it had to go), I also thought that going black would be a bit easier to patch up (just in case).

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers davie,i only noticed after id posted lol.

I originally wanted the true Rota Bronze so i ordered 5 cans from wheelpaints.co.uk but it came out gold,a light gold at that so i did do the wheels matte black one weekend but re-done them brown the weekend after.I much preferred the brown.

Next spring il get them done professionally either by powder or spray.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts