Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone got a sensible suggestion :p
of how to remove the bugs that seem to have attached them selfs to the front of my car??
anything that wont harm the paint :)

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
"bug off" works for me, it will also remove the yellowish unburnt fuel crud from the back too

Pope

·
Registered
469 Posts
If the paintwork is not very hot then cover them with wet cloths or tissue paper and leave for a few hours. Then they'll come off nice and easily.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Yes, I do beleive it was Tony

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Moschops, I would have said that was verging on an understatement of quite how feeble it really is. I had some trouble getting another bottle of Bug Off last time and ended up with it.

free to a good home if anyone wants it

E

·
0 Posts
According to a guy i work with (this is the guy theres always 1 of) theres a garage on the way to Dundee & when you go in for petrol a load of pied wagtails descend on the front of your car & eat them off for you. Shall i find out where it is so you can drive up there?

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Tony , get it modded and drive it faster so the bugs cant catch you...:D :angel:

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
RoboPope said:
Moschops, I would have said that was verging on an understatement of quite how feeble it really is. I had some trouble getting another bottle of Bug Off last time and ended up with it.

free to a good home if anyone wants it
Entrance to Trowell Services, M1, J26->25 south. I'll leave mine there if anyone's passing :D

·
Registered
952 Posts
keep dreaming rota boy!

meguiars quick detailer and quick clay work wonders. gives ur paintork a glass finish too

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Jaffa, you sure that wasnt gay bar ? as in the song ?

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
megulars quick detailer if have been told is the nuts, if used before the bugs dry out??

clay bar? never heard of that hows that used /applied??

newspapers ? just wet them and applied to the bug spots? i take it the bugs absorb the moisture and thus are easier to remove??

going down halfords to see what they got at some point!!
tony

·
Registered
952 Posts
tony i got the clay thing. u get it with the meguiars detailer and quick clay. still works well on dried on bugs. all it is is a block of soft clay that u rub on the car. thats it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I use a mesh covered sponge, it gets the bugs of fine.
Best thing they only cost a couple of pounds and last ages.
The only problem with them is that the other members of my family keep nicking them when I go home.

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my ex used a briolo pad to remove some bird sh1t from the bonnet of her tigra and wondered why it scratched the paint lol

simon i have seen those pads before look like they wouldnt do much will give em a go !

1 - 20 of 23 Posts