Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to everybody.

im just in the process of buying my first skyline,its a 1996 r33 gtr vspec.thought it was about time to get rid of the audi s2 ive had for the last 5 years.

well ive got a few questions for you guys.i hope you can help.

1-where are the best places to get service parts from mail order,or is there anyone not too far from sheffield who stocks bits.

2-the car has only been in the country for a few weeks,so does this have a effect on the hpi database as the car doesnt show up.its from a dealer so i would imagine things should be above board.

2a-the car has nismo exhaust,hks induction,hks suspension(is this std)18"enkei wheels.should i be wary and avoid.could this car have more mods than i know about.its also got 90,000 miles on it.

3-reading the threads regarding speedos.does the sva require a speedo to be converted to mph or is this something i must do once the car is purchased.im getting confused(doesnt take much).

4-what do you recommend in the way of security,cat 1 and tracker,whats the favourites.

5-last question.are there any particuler areas of the car i should check,just in case i missed anything.

i hope you guys can help,im hopefully picking the car up next saturday so your help would be very appreciated.

thanks jason.

N

·
0 Posts
Jason
bits are not really a problem now , money
as fer hpi dont worry ,
90 k is wat 57 k miles thats not 2 bad enkei wheels are good, depending on wat u like
spedo on thsi car must read in MPH .

your insurance prob wil insist on at least cat one

5 , naw buy it

E

·
0 Posts
If the cars only been in the country a few weeks then it`ll have done 90,000 Km not 90,000 miles.

2a HKS supsension isn`t std (as far as i know) & if the car has just been imported there should be a report (if it was bought from an auction) stating what mods have been done.

If you`re worried walk away.
How much you paying for it if you dont mind me asking?
Who`s selling it?

E

·
0 Posts
Q 5. Gearboxes are the weakest point. Give it a good high speed run & check for crunching or any dificulty changing gears, 4th especially.

E

·
0 Posts
Yeh so changing up into FOURTH & down into FOURTH. Goddamit you`re like a bloody woman :rolleyes:

E

·
0 Posts
Sounds like a bargain if its in good order. Who`s sellin it? Paddle clutch will only be good for a couple of yrs & do you know when was it fitted? It might need replacing soon.

·
Banned
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Eddie said:
Sounds like a bargain if its in good order. Who`s sellin it? Paddle clutch will only be good for a couple of yrs & do you know when was it fitted? It might need replacing soon.

its at a dealers near where i live.they are giving me a 6 month warrenty as well,but its probably not worth bugger all.the car looks mint,and the motor sounds well sweet.

E

·
0 Posts
If i saw an R33 GTR V Spec up for £15k with the few mods mentioned (never mind the mileage its about average) & i had the money & it was tidy i`d be tempted & probably buy it.
If you like it mate,have it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts