Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've long wanted to own one of these cars and as my trusty (modified) S13-200sx has reached the end of it's useful life with me, I've decided to look for an R32 GT-R.

Although there are a lot of private ads for R32's in my price range (£10-£12K) .. I'm terrified of buying what is now an old super-car that's likely been driven very hard and possibly not been looked after as well as it could have been.

Basically I really don’t want to buy a car that needs a fortune spent on it, because it's been abused.

I know that the R32 is basically a good strong car with the exception of the turbo(s) and gearbox which appear to be weak points.

However, as I have zero experience with this car (and I know no pet mechanics that have), I've decided my best bet is to buy from the trade, either a fresh import or (preferably) a previously owned car with good UK history.

My research has turned up two outfits well respected: Abbey and Middlehurst.

Can anyone recommend any other outfits that I can trust to buy one of these cars from... Sterte garage (Poole, Dorset) have some heavily molested R32's coming in for the right money... Is Sterte garage any good? Can anyone recommend (or not) any other good Skyline dealers?

Any advice would be much appreciated... There must be some really good R32's left out there!

Regards,
b.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
To be honest I havent heard of Sterte garage, but Tokyo on here has a very nice white R32 GTR as does Talat. I know both of them and would vouch for the cars that they have.

If either of the above cars have been sold, speak to Mark or Scott at Abbey Motorsport as they will know of someone selling a good R32...same for Ron at RK tuning and Andy at Sumo power...

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
I bought my R32 GTR from a mercedes dealership in Medway in Kent on finance with a one year warranty and a brand new rear tyre. Also had a CAT I alarm already fitted. Was a VERY lucky find but I'm sure there must be a couple more out there.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
hi chap

I have spoken to Anthony at Sterte quite a few times and the cars he buys are from Miguel at Newera. He is genrally regarded to be a trustworthy supplier of many quality cars ( Miguel that is )

S

·
0 Posts
Hi BjG,

I have a really mint original R32 GTR in silver that we have just purchased this week. Warranted mileage of 57,000 miles, One Owner, a 1992 car within your budget.
The car has had no accident history whatsoever and has been really well cared for. It was auction grade 4, which for an R32 GTR is as good as you can get. No dents scratches or any repairs, just original clean condition with nice alloys.

Pm or e-mail me on [email protected] and I will send you a full set of 12 colour pics and full spec if you are interested.
I see you are local to us in W.Sussex, better still pop along and have a coffee at our unti in Newhaven.

Cheers
Stuart
Skylines'r'us
Seaford Car Imports

N

·
0 Posts
this is another thread i cannot understand, must be just me thats thick,
point is who is 2 say said car in japan has not been driven hard ? as if they dont!!!
at the end of they day you pay the money , then u pay more money
FACT

S

·
0 Posts
You can always tell if a car has had a hard life and been ragged in Japan. There are plenty of tell tale signs to look for on a Skyline mechanically and cosmetically, thus the importance of having someone you can trust inspect the car thoroughly before buying it in Japan.

Not all Japanese Skyline Owners drive there cars hard, in fact most are driven as a normal car. Owning a Skyline in Japan is more a status symbol to most owners, It is only the younger element that shag the cars hard and you can tell 98% of these cars from the original auction sheets and condition.

·
Mmmmm KPG-C10
1,977 Posts
Importing?

I imported mine from www.mvi-services.com and www.mvi-services.co.uk

They were extreemly good, and I can give them 10 out of 10 for service and the car I got.

They only source perfect examples, and it took them 6 weeks to find my car. They even test drove 4 cars that fit the bill, but had minor faults, so left them alone.

Got full service history (rare for an import) reciepts, TRUST 5" pipe, Apex Adj. all round, AVS Yokohama light weight alloys, and when I got the car, it put out a respectable 255bhp.

The car was MINT and you pay just one price for everything, right down to MOT, Tax, new battery, under sealing, radio band expander etc etc.

Drop Ross an e-mail on the .com site, and he will mail you with on the road prices for what you are looking for, (save a lot of $$$$ doing it this way too, but you have to wait and be patiant!)

Hope you get one! I am VERY jelouos! House on the way, so have to put my sensible head on!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Have a look here

The engine was rebuilt from the crank up last winter time. This car is used on a daily basic and it not just a toy, so you will appreciate that a few runs down the strip to see what i'll do and thats it.

As i say in my advert, the phone number of the garage who maintains my car will be given on request.

All reciepts have been kept, from Tracker thru to the gasket set for the engine, never put a spanner to it since the rebuild apart from the oil sump plug every 3k miles.

Regards Mark.

ps. moschops, i am truely gutted

:mad:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After much looking, I've put my name down on a standard R32 (on its way from Japan) being imported by Stuart at SkylinesRus. This company come across as a knowledgeable and professional outfit and I look forward to seeing the car when it arrives, I'm sure it'll be just what I'm looking for.

Many thanks indeed to all the people who responded.
bjg.
:):D

·
Mmmmm KPG-C10
1,977 Posts
Congrats!

If you want some nice 16" AVS Yokohama Alloys, see the "parts for sale" listing! (Check the standard GTS has 5 stud fitting)

Bet you cant wait, like a dog with 2 dicks!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its been a long time coming, but yesterday I happily took ownership of a lovely (more or less standard) Silver BNR32 GT-R, direct from Japan via a chap called Stuart at SkylinesRus.

Apologies for the shameless plug, but...
Personally, I honestly found Stuart and his company to be absolutely first class in all aspects, from start to finish.

SkylinesRus only deal in the best examples and I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone else thinking of buying a direct import Skyline (or any other good rice rocket for that matter).

I no that sounds like I'm working for them (I'm not), but it's worth saying, they really are good.

This is my first Skyline and I look forward to many months happy motoring to come.

Incidentally I had great fcomp insurance quote - which I took - from Cheam Insurance Brokers. I'm 28 with full NCB and nothing bad historically. I found their number in Autocar (one of their writers insured a Gallrado through Cheam Insurance). Cover for a tad over £900 (with the basic mods - exhaust etc - declared).

bjg
:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts