Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just joined the forums and wish to have some help deciding:

I'm planning on buying an R34 GTT, and have been searching all over the net for info on buying guides etc. but I am still not convinced on two things:

I drive alot, and currently have a VW Golf 6 1.4Tsi. However, if I get a skyline I won't unfortunately be able to keep my Golf (would cost too much) so I'd have to sell it at some point.

My biggest concern is, how is the R34 as a daily driver? I'm concerned most about cabin noise as I don't like cars that are noisy inside - I do like the engine sound though so I'm more concerned on tyre and wind noise. If sound-dampening helps I'm more than willing to do it as I already did it on my Golf.

What do you guys get as an average consumption for mixed driving (easy on the gas)?

I don't have an option for test driving one as there are very few in Finland and I will be importing mine. Reason I want a Skyline is I've dreamt of one since a kid, and love the looks and the overall design on them (+ the RB25DET seems to be a rather easy and reliable engine to tune a bit).

Sorry for the long post, I can't seem to fit my thoughts any tighter..

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hello everyone,

I just joined the forums and wish to have some help deciding:

I'm planning on buying an R34 GTT, and have been searching all over the net for info on buying guides etc. but I am still not convinced on two things:

I drive alot, and currently have a VW Golf 6 1.4Tsi. However, if I get a skyline I won't unfortunately be able to keep my Golf (would cost too much) so I'd have to sell it at some point.

My biggest concern is, how is the R34 as a daily driver? I'm concerned most about cabin noise as I don't like cars that are noisy inside - I do like the engine sound though so I'm more concerned on tyre and wind noise. If sound-dampening helps I'm more than willing to do it as I already did it on my Golf.

What do you guys get as an average consumption for mixed driving (easy on the gas)?

I don't have an option for test driving one as there are very few in Finland and I will be importing mine. Reason I want a Skyline is I've dreamt of one since a kid, and love the looks and the overall design on them (+ the RB25DET seems to be a rather easy and reliable engine to tune a bit).

Sorry for the long post, I can't seem to fit my thoughts any tighter..
Cabin noise is very reasonable with the stock exhaust & wheels etc.... Any changes to these will significantly effect drone. Sound dampening the car will make a massive different though. Not much wind noise, tyre noise is very much dependant on wheel size and tyre choice.

A long motorway cruise I will average around 25 mpg. Around towns & traffic will be much worse.
Based on the mpg you can achieve in your golf its possible it would still work out cheaper to keep it and have the skyline as a second car. despite the extra insurance costs.... This all depends on car laws in Finland, of which I have no knowledge at all!

Go and buy one! :)

·
Tiger Uppercut!
633 Posts
Just buy it and drive it. Cabin noise and consumption are trivial matters. I use mine as a daily and do 100 miles a week. Costs me around £30 in fuel with sensible driving and a little bit more if I feel like pushing it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts