Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi looking to buy a gt40 turbo for my r33 rb25det, would that be a good idea with my mods:

car spec:

HKS FULL CAT BACK EXHAUSE

STANLESS STEEL TURBO DOWN PIPE "3

ECU SUPER CHIPPED BY RSP (320 BHP TESTED ON DYNO)

GREDDY INLET PLENUM with 100mm throttle body

OIL COOLER AND OIL FILTER RELOCATION KIT

50MM THICK ALUMINIUM RADIATOR

Greddy Profec B-Spec2 Boost Controller

APEX INDUCTION KIT

INDUCTION KIT HEAT SHEILD

Bee Rev Limiter (Bad Ass)

Stock turbo

·
Registered
490 Posts
Looks like you still need

Front mount IC
Injectors
and Z32 Maf to get the most from the uprated turbine.

And will need a retune from RSP after all is installed

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I assume a GT40 is bigger than a GT35 which is what I was looking at to make 650/700 bhp with losing the AFM and bigger injectors.Don't know what power you are looking for but I would think this could be laggy for normal use.Cheers.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i do have the fuel pump 255lph walbro,fmic. i would need the z32 and bigger intercooler pips my intercooler pipes are 76mm, i think it would make some difference coz of the throttle body i am using 100mm. i am looking to get 450bhp

·
bla
17,374 Posts
But then your talking a full rebuild...

I think you will be better of getting a TD05 25g kit... Known to take stock internals to 500bhp

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
why not get your standard turbo rebuilt as that will give damn close to 450 with minimum hassle

·
R33 GTS25-T
597 Posts
Wow, hope you plan on buying rods and pistons, along with honing and getting a new head gasket.

Like others have said, a GT40 is huge for what you are looking for and wont spool until way late. I suggest taking advice, avoiding the hassle and just upgrading your normal blower at RSP or getting a GT30. If you are hell bent on the GT40 then just let everyone know and then get it without the advice from us instead of asking.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
gt40 is far far too big

get a gt 3076 which you can get with the nissan 6 bolt elbow housing

you will need a far better clutch and a better fuel pump as the walbro wont cut it

bigger injectors too and a thicker headgasket

you need to think this through and dont buy something just bacause its a better turbo than most people have on as it will make the car undrivable in bad weather

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
when i do the rebuild i will change the hedgasket 2.0mm,cams,pullys,timming belt hks,injectors,maby the piston's coz those cost ££££££££££££££££££££££££.
i know the turbo is very laggy so i'll be running nos into the intercooler as it will be cooling the chambers as well :) and see what happens................................lol

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
you really aint listened one bit have you

you want 450bhp but its been said already gt40 IS FAR TOO BIG!

gt3076 is what you need not a gt40 with manifold and external wastegate

your waisting money, may aswell burn ithhhhhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Hi,stiil don't get it,if you are looking for 450 power why pick totaly the wrong turbo.Hope you have deep pockets as once you start down the big power route you will need ecu,big fuel system etc.Unless you want to race your car way make things complicated and expensive.If you have already bought the GT40 sell it and go re-built turbo route it will make life much easier.Cheers.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
LOL....

Just let the lad get the turbo he really wants...

Just hope he knows what hes taking on.. Doesn't look like it though...:disappointed:

A standard reworked Turbo will spool almost the same time as your standard turbo with cams. With the GT40 it will have alot of lag regardless of nos/cams etc etc... Think it through properly before you waste money you dont need to spend

·
R33 GTS25-T
597 Posts
He has no idea nor wants advice, sounds like he just wants to brag. Let the thread die.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.