Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
buyer
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to buy me one, but i cant yet. main reason is im currently in afghanistan. im coming back to germany next april and i wanna know if anyone plans on selling a skyline. i live in hohenfels, but im willing to go anywhere in germany to buy one.:feedback::attention:

·
Germany East/Central Nord Rhein Westfalen
3,039 Posts
Your best bet would be to auto trader it and get one from the UK. I picked ip a spec one GTSt last weekend for £2300. Engine unmodified. Only air filter exhaust alloys springs and turbo timer were fitted. Lovely..

·
buyer
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think ive found one on j-garage they can export it to anywhere that is legal. and germany can take skylines so im set. and its not extremely expensive.

·
buyer
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its gonna be stock. until i get a hold of it. then its definitely not. i'll look up laws and **** on it. thanks. i didnt know germany was like that.

·
Forum Gypo
309 Posts
12/2000 Build year is cut off date, anything after than that and it will have to pass Euro 3 emissions test and Skylines can't achieve that so be very carefull !!!
PS, if you go to the German Skyline Forum http://www.skyline-forum.de/, there are a few reliable importers there who will be more than willing to help you out and point you in the right direction. Don't worry about the language, they all speak English.
They can save you alot of stress and money especially if you don't know what you're doing.

Greetz Tony.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
You don't need to worry about all that stuff as you're US military and therefore german car registration laws do not apply to you! You will take advantage of the MUCH easier US military rules which basically allow you to run any car an US military reg with german number plates as long as the car is safe to run that's it. Car needs to have working brakes, lights and undamaged tyres. You're not allowed to have any oil leaks and same for exhaust leaks. There you go.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
It doesn't make any difference where you get the car from as long as you're planning on registering it through US military reg. Your US rules will apply that's it. Now stop thinking and start shopping. ;)

·
Boogiedyboogiedyboogiedy!
157 Posts
I'm stationed in Grafenwoehr with a lightly modified all bolt-ons r33 Gtst. I am selling it around the time you get back too, as I will be PCSing. I would find one thats already here in Germany, that way you can avoid all the hassle that goes along with importing such as fees ect... If you are dead set on a r34 gtr, then you will prob be looking at the UK or Scotland as the easiest route. I know pistonheads delivers to Germany.
As of now, you also cannot import the skyline to the US, period. So there is always the point that you will haveto sell the car before PCSing back stateside as well. The military will not ship it for you back to the USA. Thats why I got a r33 gtst, still have a skyline, but wont break the bank and I can sell it for a reasonable price that someone wont choke on.

·
buyer
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
its possible. all you gotta do is ship it in parts. then reconstruct it as a kit car. insurance might be a little high, but it'll be worth it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
that is a massive task to undertake just to get a skyline in the us. i'm sure theres skyline in the us??? us boys! am i right??

i know in canada the vehicle has to be a certain age is that the same in the us????

good luck with the buy.

personly i would buy that gtst off the man who's posted back to the us,gtst is a lot more less work and more user friendly.and he's only a phone call away IF something should happen(with a gtst it seems unlikely) with a garage(from japan or anywhere)soon as you buy the car,your on your own.(no matter what they say before you buy it)

i would really think about that.

can and will save you a lot of money in the future

1 - 20 of 24 Posts