Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here it is. A slow moving project, but it is already moving... The cleaning up part has begun..... Here's pictures of it NEEDING cleaning up.. Will get pics of the progress....

Big Muffler

Tossed Big Ugly Tach in the bin and moved other guages closer to driver (also covers nasty spot on dash left by the tach)

Beginning Engine Cleaning

Wheels are bad, but will have to do for now

The air filter is junk

At night with dash lit up.....

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
how much of the air filter was sucked into the engine:uhoh:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how much of the air filter was sucked into the engine:uhoh:

About 90 percent of it got sucked in, although there was still some of it sitting against the screen in front of the afm.:wtf:

I was cleaning her today. She got washed, engine soaked in degreaser then sprayed down, then she got polished, then treated to some of Megauirs finest gold class

Upon re-wiring the Boost controller to not always stay on, only if the ignition is turned on, I found that the previous owner had been running it at 1.85 bar, yes I said 1.85 bar. Lucky he didn't blow it up.:bash:

Here are some results of today's cleaning:

And my daughter having fun flying inside daddy's skyline....

·
Allkiller No Filler
1,253 Posts
:eek7: 1.85 bar very surprised you still have a workin engine, he was very lucky i guess.
Looks good in Yellow :cool:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
you've been busy fella :D Engine looks 100x better and the shine on the paintwork is rather nice too :D bet that was a few good hours work, But great results

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
getting there!! :) bumper seems to have been adapted for bumps.!! i suffer the same issue round here. :(

Right, was adapted for bumps, by bumps I assume. Can't wait to get a new front bar. looking at doing the whole Nismo 400R kit to include GTR wing, with a CF Blade and CF endcaps, just think CF would look good on Yellow. Might do some Black, or Crome on Black wheels too.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Right, was adapted for bumps, by bumps I assume. Can't wait to get a new front bar. looking at doing the whole Nismo 400R kit to include GTR wing, with a CF Blade and CF endcaps, just think CF would look good on Yellow. Might do some Black, or Crome on Black wheels too.
Carbon bonnet would look aweesome on yellow :ylsuper:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Upon inspection and cleaning of the coil packs today, I discovered that it is running both the factory recirc valve and the blitz atmospheric blow off valve...... Is this a bad thing??? Apperently somebody didn't want to order the new pipes from turbo to air filter and from throttle body to the NEW pipe for the intercooler (which has the blitz blow off connected).

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
:wtf: has happened to the front splitter?!?!? Gonna be honest here mate, it is a bit ropey round the edges, but its no worse than mine when i 1st got it, and it looks to have all the right bits on it too. I love the colour

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Hi, mate. Looks like this is gonna be a helluva project. Looks very good on what you've done so far. As you improve/repair things on her, that Skyline smile will just get bigger and bigger. Well done keep up the good work. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts