Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Club member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, this is a very long running problem I have been trying to unfurl, and I'm almost at the bottom of it, my question is........

What Nissan uses a 324mm front brake disc with a 'nissan' caliper, and not a brembo?

Anyone?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Skyline?? 300XZ maybe??
They would seem pretty big to go on some run-of-the-mill Nissan. I suspect it will be a high performance model. Sorry thats not much help mate.
At least I replied. :cheers:
TT

·
Club member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not any skyline as the only skylines with 324mm discs use brembo calipers, the 300zx uses 280mm.

Thing is I have a set of nissan calipers that look like skyline R33GTS-t / R32 GT-R / 300ZX, they came fitted to my 300ZX when I brought it in from Japan however the discs were warped so I chucked them (bit daft really now when I think back as I could have measured them!), assuming they were standard, they were not as I found out when I tried to fit 280mm discs, and then tried 296mm discs, the next size is the 324mm thats used on the R33 / 34 GT-R, I know this, but no one anywhere can tell me where these calipers originated from, they are cast nissan sumitomo calipers with no modifications or extension brackets.

Where did they come from! AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

·
Club member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That might just be it, I'll have a rake about for a piccie, they look just like any other nissan brakes except the mounting brackets are longer, when I tried the 280mm and the 296mm they were way too small, I also thought of going to a nissan dealership with a part number so they could possibly tell me what they were from also telling me the correct disc to get.

I've looked all over the caliper for a part number and all I could find was two sets of 2 digit numbers either side of where it says nissan in little recesses on the front, they read 88 and 26.

The left caliper has these same digits in the same place but also says L2 and the right caliper says R2, The lettering is obvious.

Are these digits the part number do you know?

·
Club member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I reckon they are the boyo's Bubble, thanks fellar.

Hero :worshippy:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Be careful where you order your new discs from - the early model GTT's had 297mm discs and the offset is different - EBC are tooled up for the 297mm size - might be worth getting them to measure them rather than just go by part number.

·
Club member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think as long as I mention 310mm there shouldn't be much confusion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts