Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey L8 Gts,

you seem to have vanished... I got your PM regarding the AFM I sold to you. I hope you got my reply, which explains the situation and how we arrived at where we are now. An indication that you have received the PM would be great, and would let me know you know that I am able to deal with the situation.

Forum, a bit strange taking this public, but just to fill people in on an impending situation for when it finally breaks cover...

I sold a secondhand AFM to L8 Gts, a couple of weeks ago. It was an item I bought from another member on this forum.

As I was already upgrading my car, I didn't actually get round to using it and I sold it to L8 Gts in good faith.

Must hold my hand up and say, I bought it in good faith, and assumed it worked fine, which I really didn't check, but... It does happen sometimes.

Anyhow, here's the latest exchange I had with L8 Gts. I sent him a reply almost a week ago, and no response, so...

------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8 Gts
Great, you know? thanks a lot!
Of course it didn't work at all. and you probably know why? I will send you my bank transfer details shorty for my refund and I will send you your bodged electrical part back in the post.
I took lots of photos too so I can post up on here as a con merchant, if your selling a part be honest about it! It was useless and you have tried to fix it. There was no chance my Skyline was going to start up on your resealed AFM!

Photos and your name on a great thread about trusted sellers coming very very soon.

--------------------

Hi Gordon,

Sorry, I've not been on the forum for a few days - work and more work...

The AFM was bought from another member here on the forum.

I am sorry to hear it isn't working. I changed my AFM a few months ago, and had no need to use this.

You do have my contact numer, don't you? Call me! If not, I am on 07952 677 456.

Not sure why you sound so bit miffed, as I haven't scammed you or been underhanded. As mentioned, the AFM was bought from someone here in good faith, it wasn't used because I decided to use Z32 instead.

Please ping me you bank details and I'll refund your money, but let's get this clear - I am no scammer, I am not a trader (just a car enthusiast like you), and I have no knowledge of electronics - I send my car to a mechanic to fix everything.

The thought that I did a 'botched job' is a bit far fetched. As anyone here, I benefit from the collective knowledge of the group, then find the right person to do the job.

I await a call or reply.

Cheers

Y
-----------------------

I have still not had a reply from him.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK...

This is where things start going a bit wobbly.

Having engaged in dialogue with this member, I refunded the money - that was almost three weeks ago.

I asked for the AFM to be sent back, so I can follow up with the person who sold it to me. NO reply, not even a note to say the money has been recieved.

L8 GTS, please send the AFM back!

Y

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes.... YHPM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts