Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to remove my Carbon Cam Cover and replace with the standard one. How easy is it to do?

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Not a big deal mate. Just take your time and you´ll be fine. It´s easy.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about the issue of getting the CAS lined up correctly?

·
living the life
2,544 Posts
mark from the center of one of the bolt to the casing of the cas .Then just put it back lining up the marks . If you really want to play it safe then make a mark by each bolt

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've got to do this soon; can one of you please tell me what CAS is? Any chance of a pic of the bolts you're referring to that I need to make sure I line up properly?

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
crank angle sensor

right hand side of the cam belt cover

just make sure you put the rubber seal and three copper spacers back on

·
Lincolnshire Area Rep
2,271 Posts
I've got to do this soon; can one of you please tell me what CAS is? Any chance of a pic of the bolts you're referring to that I need to make sure I line up properly?
The CAS is used to set and adjust the ignition timing. The three bolts in the picture are the ones you need to scribe around.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
May well attempt it this week presuming the nasty weather is long gone.

My question is though that I'm not replacing the carbon cam cover as Im putting the original one back on, so if I mark up the carbon one can I then just copy the marks across carefully to the original?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
You don't mark the actual cover, you mark the bolt position on the CAS.

If you have a timing light, hook it up and check the timing beofre and after, and adjust to get the original readings if necessary.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah so the bolts are always in the same position but the cam sensor rotates left and right?

·
Registered
478 Posts
It's REALLY important that the CAS aligns properly. Had my cambelt changed and the guy said the CAS was put on exactly as it was. Turned out it was of a bit and my timing was set to 21 degrees instead of 15. This really has a lot of influence on your power and your mpg. So if in doubt, after putting it all back go to your nearest garage and ask them to check the timing. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, sorry big noob here.
Just wondering how do u guys align your CAS properly, I think my car might have a fault relate to the timing. How do I know if it's 15 degrees? Is 15 degrees the factory value? Thanks

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Someone will help you on here mate, I was lazy and RSP did mine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts